African Queen Houseboat
African Queen Houseboat
African Queen is a well kept pontoon that is very neat and comfortable, she has boat has also recently been repainted. Ideal for 8 - 12 people although not particularly child friendly for those less than 4 years old, mainly due to wide gaps between side railings. Would suit children +4 years of age.
- CREW: 3 crew comprising Captain, chef and deckhand
- MAX PAX: 12
- CRUISING SPEED: 6 knots
- CABINS: 4 cabins (1 x double, 2 x 2 single beds, 1 x 2 Bunks)
- AIR CON: Main Cabin is airconditioned Please Note: Generator will be switched off at 10pm which is Government Stipulated Lake Rules. Therefore the Air Cons will not run after this time.
- TOILETS: 2
- SHOWERS: 3 (2 x hot and 1 x cold)
- GENERATOR with 220 V power supply to run all electrical appliances
- PLUG POINTS are square so clients to bring adaptors if necessary. There is also a cigarette lighter in the bar where phones and camera batteries can be charged.
- BAR - fully equipped and with an ice machine
- SAFE - with electronic keypad
- SPLASH POOL on upper deck
- MUSIC SYSTEM: CD and IPod docking station (guests to provide own IPod)
- BRAAIS - Gas and Charcoal braai on board
- CHILD FRIENDLY: preferrably children 4 years and older
- TENDER BOATS: 1 small Chessa speedboat with 60hp motor for 5 pax and 1 skimmer pontoon with 40hp for 12 pax
- Please Note: Tender Boats are for Game Drives and fishing in the vicinity of the houseboat and are strictly crew driven. Should you require a speed boat for long distance fishing, please either bring your own which will be towed behind the houseboat leaving behind one of the houseboat tenders, (please bring your own rope for towing and fuel) or you can hire a speed boat from Marineland. (Contact us for details).
- MOORING: Currently moored at Breezers Mariner Directions to the harbour : On the Makuti/Kariba road go left at
- the Winsor Diesel Garage (approx 68km peg), then immediately left again down the hill. After going thru the entrance to the old Kariba Breezes Hotel, go left down to the harbour.
- BOARDING: 12:00pm and disembarking at 11:00am
- Houseboat and Tender boat hire
- All linen and mosquito nets
- Cutlery and crockery
- All meals, drinks, condiments etc
- Fishing equipment and bait
- Toilet Paper, Bathroom Soap and Dishwashing Soap
- Bath and Swimming towels
- Mosquito repellant
- National Parks lake usage and fishing fees
- First aid kit
- Vehicle parking fees
2 night charters - up to Antelope Island
3 night charters - up to Palm bay
4 night charters - up to Sanyati west
5 night charters - up to Elephant point
6 nights or more - up to the Ume
Sengwa Safaris offer competitive rates on all extras (catering, drinks, fishing rod hire and bait) so please let us know if you would like us to include any of these in your quotation. Please click on the links above for more information on catering and extras or visit our FAQ's page.
Please note that whilst every effort has been made to ensure the details supplied above are correct we can not be held responsible in any way should an item mentioned above not be on board /broken or miss quoted.
Specs and Technical Data
Registration Number: KF599
Hull Type: : Pontoon
Length: 70ft (21.34m)
Engine: 2 Perkins Marine Diesel Engines with cruising speed 5-6 knots
Mooring: This boat is moored at Breezes Marina. Directions to the harbour : On the Makuti/Kariba road go left at the Winsor Diesel Garage (approx 68km peg), then immediately left again down the hill. After going thru the entrance to the old Kariba Breezes Hotel, go left down to the harbour. Boarding time is strictly 12 Noon on the day of departure, disembarking at 11h00 on the day of departure.
Extra FacilitiesThere is a safe on board with an electronic keypad locking system. Please ensure all valuables are locked away. All linen/mosquito nets/cutlery and crockery is supplied. As well as a music system. There is a fully equipped galley with gas stove and oven as well as a gas braai and wood braai.
- Game viewing
- Bird watching
- Photography and videography
- Reading and board games
We had a fantastic trip on African Queen. Really good fishing at Gordons Bay and very lucky to also see a large herd of elephants.
It was so wonderful being back in Kariba again and we made some special memories with special friends.
The crew were all great and an absolute pleasure.
Thank you for all your help.