Bateleur is a 20 metre pontoon Houseboat sleeping up to 12 passengers in comfort.
Max passengers: 12
Cabins and bathroom facilities: On the lower deck are 3 spacious cabins, 1 x double with en-suite bathroom, 1 x Twin and 1 x Double, there are two additional bathrooms with toilet, shower and wash hand basin.
- Comfortable lounge area,
- Fully equipped kitchen,
- Dining area with gas cooker, gas hot plate and charcoal braai facility,
- and a fully functional Jacuzzi (heated in the winter months).
- Holds the Captain’s Bar and spacious lounge area,
- Six day seats convert to comfortable beds at night which are fully laid out with bed linen, blankets and large mosquito nets.
Cold space: Two large 220volt Deep Freezers and one 12volt Minus 40 fridge/freezer. Ice boxes are provided at the bar for drinks two large ice storage boxes are available for ice stocks. (note: ice is included in the Charter Price)
Catering and cruises: We offer both Self-Catering and Fully-Catered charters for overnight cruises from one to ten nights. We also offer day cruises for larger groups of up to 50 passengers (licensed for 50 PAX) which can include lunch/snacks and bar on request (separate quotation required).
Tenders: Bateleur normally carries two tender boats for fishing, sightseeing, and water sports (skiing, wakeboarding and tubing) is also available.
Extra Facilities (inclusive):
- fully equipped Kitchen
- small library with books and board games.
- all bedding, towels, crockery, cutlery, kitchen utensils, toilet paper and cleaning materials are provided and included in the Charter Price.
- jacuzzi (heated in the winter months)
- charcoal braai facility
Crew: The boat is Captained by the owners (Peter or Steve) and normally carries two additional crew members – a cook and deckhand. The crew have separate quarters with their own toilet and showers.
2 night charters - up to Antelope Island
3 night charters - up to Palm bay
4 night charters - up to Sanyati west
5 night charters - up to Elephant point
6 nights or more - up to the Ume
Specs and Technical Data
Registration Number: KG 318
Hull Type: : Pontoon
Length: 20ft (6.10m)
Engine: Two x 135 HP Perkins Marine Diesel Engines plus 220 volt Paguro 6000 silent generator
Mooring: Marineland Harbour
Extra FacilitiesFully equipped Kitchen; two spacious lounges; bar; small library with books and board games. All bedding, towels, crockery, cutlery, kitchen utensils, toilet paper and cleaning materials are provided and included in the Charter Price.
- Game viewing
- Bird watching
- Photography and videography
- Reading and board games