Big Daddy Houseboat
Big Daddy Houseboat
Bid Daddy is a five star air conditioned pontoon boat.
- CREW: 3 crew comprising Captain, chef and deckhand. Optional extra deckhand for large numbers
- MAX PAX: 20
- CRUISING SPEED: 10 to 12 km/hr
- CABINS: 5 cabins (3 twin cabins with en suite, 1 queen size cabin en suite, 1 double not en suite) 10 Extra Mattresses for top deck.
- AIR CONDITIONED Fully air conditioned, Generator runs till 10pm, but there are fans run by an invertor.
- TOILETS: 6 in total (4 ensuite, 2 in passage)
- SHOWERS: 5 in total (4 ensuite, 1 in passage)
- GENERATOR 20KVA Generator with 220 V power supply to run all electrical appliances and Inverter
- PLUG POINTS are square so clients to bring adaptors if necessary.
- COLD SPACE: Ample
- FULLY FITTED KITCHEN
- LARGE COVERED Verandah area with bar area and seeting
- SALON AREA with large windows, under counter fridges, bar stools and cane furniture
- SPLASH POOL with sunbathing area
- ENTERTAINMENT: TV with premium bouquet DStv & Surround Sound system throughout (clients to just bring their Ipods)
- BRAAIS - Weber Braai
- CHILD FRIENDLY: Yes
- TENDER BOATS: 1 x Skimmer Pontoon - 8 pax (40ph) and 1 x Sportster Speed boat - 5 pax (90hp) Please Note: Tender Boats are for Game Drives and fishing in the vicinity of the houseboat and are strictly crew driven. Should you require a speed boat for long distance fishing, please either bring your own which will be towed behind the houseboat leaving behind one of the houseboat tenders, (please bring your own rope for towing and fuel) or you can hire a speed boat from Marineland. (Contact us for details).
- MOORING: Marineland. Parking is $5 per night per vehicle and it is safe and guarded.
- BOARDING: 10am and disembarking at 11:00am
- Houseboat and Tender boat hire
- All linen and mosquito nets
- Bath Towels
- Cutlery and crockery
- Toilet Paper, Serviettes, Bathroom Soap, Liquid Dishwasher Soap
- All meals, drinks, condiments etc
- Fishing equipment and bait
- Swimming towels
- Mosquito repellant
- National Parks lake usage and fishing fees
- First aid kit
- Vehicle parking fees
2 night charters - up to Antelope Island
3 night charters - up to Palm bay
4 night charters - up to Sanyati west
5 night charters - up to Elephant point
6 nights or more - up to the Ume
Sengwa Safaris offer competitive rates on all extras (catering, drinks, fishing rod hire and bait) so please let us know if you would like us to include any of these in your quotation. Please click on the links above for more information on catering and extras or visit our FAQ's page.
Please note that whilst every effort has been made to ensure the details supplied above are correct we can not be held responsible in any way should an item mentioned above not be on board /broken or miss quoted.
Specs and Technical Data
Registration Number: KF 639
Hull Type: : Pontoon
Length: 85ft (25.91m)
Engine: 235HP Volvo Penta Engines
Mooring: Marineland Harbour
- Game viewing
- Bird watching
- Photography and videography
- Reading and board games
Hi Mo, Thank you our trip was lovely. Our visitors also really enjoyed. The crew, the boat and the fishing was excellent.
Thanks to you too for your efficient bookings etc.
We will definitely be using the boat more often.
We returned from two trips on Big Daddy. What a pleasure. The boat and staff were very pleasant and efficient. Definitely will be re booking the boat again.
Thank you for your very efficient and prompt organizing of our trips. Much appreciated.
Keep well and all the best for 2018.
We are safely back in Lusaka and I wanted to thank you so very much for all your help in organising a wonderful and memorable trip!
From Seki the transfer driver to Nyasha the supply man to the smiling crew of Big Daddy - you chose the best! So lovely!
We all had a spectacular time and put on a few KG's with the great cooking and super food.
All the best and we will be back!
Ferina (and the family) and Nadia & hers ...
We are back in Nairobi and in the office :(
I just wanted to thank you so very much for all your organisation and for making our holiday so very special. I’m certain we will be back! :)
Take care and thanks again it was fabulous.