Freestate boasts 4 double cabins with 2 beds in each, 3 with their own basins. The Wheelhouse has extra sleeping space for 4 people. There are 2 showers and 2 toilets and an extra shower on the Bermuda deck. The Top Deck has a seated dining area and comfortable bar. This boat also has a Splash Pool. The Kitchen has ample cold space and is fitted out with a gas stove. There is 1 mini pontoon tender boat. The crew have their own quarters.
- CREW: 3 crew comprising Captain, chef and deckhand
- MAX PAX: 16
- CRUISING SPEED: 10 to 12 knots per hour
- CABINS: 4 x twin
- AIRCONDITIONED: No
- TOILETS: 3
- SHOWERS: 2
- GENERATOR with 220 V power supply to run all electrical appliances
- PLUG POINTS - square and round
- COLD SPACE - Ample
- SPLASH POOL on upper deck
- BATH TOWELS are provided, you must supply your own swimming towels
- BRAAI on board
- CHILD FRIENDLY Yes
- TENDER BOATS: 8 pax Mini Pontoon (Speed boat can be arranged at $60 per day + fuel) Please Note: Tender Boats are for Game Drives and fishing in the vicinity of the houseboat and are strictly crew driven. Should you require a speed boat for long distance fishing, please either bring your own which will be towed behind the houseboat leaving behind one of the houseboat tenders, (please bring your own rope for towing and fuel) or you can hire a speed boat from Marineland. (Contact us for details).
- MOORING: Chawara. Vehicle Parking is free of charge and guarded at night.
- BOARDING: 12:00pm and disembarking at 10:00am
- Houseboat and Tender boat hire
- All linen and mosquito nets
- Bath Towels
- Cutlery and crockery
- All meals, drinks, condiments etc
- Toilet Paper, Bathroom Soap and Dishwashing Soap
- Fishing equipment and bait
- Swimming towels
- Mosquito repellant
- National Parks lake usage and fishing fees
- First aid kit
- Vehicle parking fees
2 night charters - up to Antelope Island
3 night charters - up to Palm bay
4 night charters - up to Sanyati west
5 night charters - up to Elephant point
6 nights or more - up to the Ume
Sengwa Safaris offer competitive rates on all extras (catering, drinks, fishing rod hire and bait) so please let us know if you would like us to include any of these in your quotation. Please click on the links above for more information on catering and extras or visit our FAQ's page.
Please note that whilst every effort has been made to ensure the details supplied above are correct we can not be held responsible in any way should an item mentioned above not be on board /broken or miss quoted.
Specs and Technical Data
Registration Number: KF1267
Hull Type: : Pontoon
Length: 60ft (18.29m)
Mooring: Chawara Harbour
- Game viewing
- Bird watching
- Photography and videography
- Reading and board games
Thanks Mo we had a moment of a life time. The boat was great and the crew 5 star.
We'll definitely do more business in the future,
Next time we plan to go further.
Compliments of the season.
Yes we had a fantastic time in Kariba. Because of the rain it was nice and cool right through and the lake was not harsh.
As for the boat and crew, as always up to date and very friendly. This the same crew that has always taken us out and we have developed a cordial relationship with them.
The fishing and drinking was excellent. We will definitely come back to you soon for another trip.