Karabezi houseboat is a newly refurbished, five star, air conditioned pontoon style houseboat with the following facilities:
- CREW: 4 crew comprising Captain, chef and 2 deckhands
- MAX PAX: 15
- CRUISING SPEED: 4.5 knots
- WET & DRY RATES AVAILABLE - please enquire
- CABINS ON MAIN DECK: 5 cabins - 2 x twin bedded cabins en-suite
1 x twin bedded cabin with bathroom opposite
2 x double bedded cabins en-suite (double bunk children's cabin, these branch off from the main double ensuite cabins creating family cabins.
Total in cabins - 14 pax
- SLEEPING AND FACILITIES SECOND DECK The second deck is centered on a large air conditioned lounge, dining and main bar area and has glazing all round. There are 6 fold out beds creating a total of 20 beds on the boat.
- TOP DECK There is a further third deck for sleeping out under the stars on 6 daybeds under mosquito nets. Alternatively during the day this area is great for private sun tanning as well as a spectacular game viewing platform being nearly 10meters above the shore line.
- AIR CONDITIONED Lounge and all cabins are air conditioned Please Note: Generator will be switched off at 10pm which is Government Stipulated Lake Rules. Therefore the Air Cons will not run after this time.
- TOILETS: 5 in total
- SHOWERS: 5 in total
- GENERATOR 17kva generator with 220 V power supply to run all electrical appliances
- PLUG POINTS are square so clients to bring adaptors if necessary.
- COLD SPACE 3 large freezers and a fridge/freezer
- BAR - A large teak bar with seating for 8 guests and a chiller with capacity for 22 crates of drinks will ensure no shortage of cold drinks.
- BREAKFAST LOUNGE The breakfast lounge contains a breakfast bar with flat screen TV and DVD (clients to bring own DVD's) and a small library of reference books.
- TENDER DECK Large tender deck at the rear of the boat with two staircases leading to the second deck. This is an ideal place for evening braais and the breakfast bar adjoining this area may be used for extra seating and serving of drinks.
- JACUZZI & DECK AREA There is a 5 man Jacuzzi on this deck with surrounding sun loungers and seating area .The Jacuzzi can be covered to create 2 large beds for day time lounging or a double for sleeping under the stars.
- KITCHEN A fully equipped teak and black granite kitchen with a 6 hob gas stove/oven, fridge/freezer, 3 large deep freezers and microwave and toaster.
- BRAAIS on board
- CHILD FRIENDLY Yes
- TENDER BOATS Large pool of Tenders amongst the group, so boats will be allocated to clients according to numbers and requests. Please Note: Tender Boats are for Game Drives and fishing in the vicinity of the houseboat and are strictly crew driven. Should you require a speed boat for long distance fishing, please either bring your own which will be towed behind the houseboat leaving behind one of the houseboat tenders, (please bring your own rope for towing and fuel) or you can hire a speed boat from Marineland. (Contact us for details).
- LIFE JACKETS Life Jackets are supplied for Max Pax and there are small childrens jackets available, but please be advised that if you have small children and you are worried about the sizes, please bring your own.
- MOORING at Marineland harbour
- VEHICLE PARKING: Guarded parking provided at $5 per vehicle and $3 per trailer per night
- BOARDING 12:00pm and disembarking at 10:00am
- Houseboat and Tender boat hire
- All linen and mosquito nets
- Bath Towels
- Toilet Paper, Bathroom Soap and Dishwashing Soap
- Cutlery and crockery
- All meals, drinks, condiments etc
- Fishing equipment and bait
- Swimming towels
- Mosquito repellant
- National Parks lake usage and fishing fees
- First aid kit
- Vehicle parking fees
2 night charters - up to Antelope Island
3 night charters - up to Palm bay
4 night charters - up to Sanyati west
5 night charters - up to Elephant point
6 nights or more - up to the Ume
We offer competitive rates on all extras (catering, drinks, fishing rod hire and bait) so please let us know if you would like us to include any of these in your quotation. Please click on the links above for more information on catering and extras or visit our FAQ's page.
Please note that whilst every effort has been made to ensure the details supplied above are correct we can not be held responsible in any way should an item mentioned above not be on board /broken or miss quoted.
Specs and Technical Data
Registration Number: KF 1507
Hull Type: : Pontoon
Length: 70ft (21.34m)
Engine: 2 X 6 Cylinder Ford Mermaid Engines
Extra FacilitiesTV, DVD and small library on the lower deck.
- Game viewing
- Bird watching
- Photography and videography
- Reading and board games
We have just come back from the most fabulous 3 days on the Karabezi.
We loved the boat and the crew, and all that went along with it. I am very keen on photography, and of course had a ball. We loved the early morning fishing/game viewing, the stunning brunch when getting back, the sunset fishing/game viewing with champagne, gin and tonics, beer.
Getting back to the welcoming lit houseboat, lovely dinner, and sharing special times with friends, just finished off each day perfectly.
Thank you, thank you.
Thank you for your email, my apologies for not making contact with you sooner! Truthfully we only just said goodbye to our visitors and my oh my it was a very busy last couple of weeks!
We did indeed have a truly amazing time on the Karabezi. Im not sure if you've chatted with your staff, but we were fortunate enough to get a close sighting of 3 lionesses - literally 3 metres from the shore in the tender boat!!! It was magnificent!!!
We were all very happy in our respective rooms and the staff were just wonderful. They attended to our every request with a smile and the cook (I forget his name now!!!) followed Tarik's instructions for meals right down to the T!
We couldn't actually believe that our days were over so quickly ;o)
There was one thing that we all mentioned about the boat which was we felt there wasn't enough "inside" space to relax. The low couch below the window where the pool is was perfect - possibly another one could be put in that space to accommodate more people?? We often wanted to relax in the evening just chatting and having a few drinks and found that the dining room table was the only place we could do it all.........other than that, we were extremely happy with our stay on the Karabezi.
Thank you once again for being so patient with our numerous changes of dates, boats, etc - It is us who have had the pleasure of working with you!
With much love,
Many thanks. Yes, we made a fantastic experience. Everything was just beautiful and delightful. Food and service were excellent and delightful although way too much.
Many thanks and best wishes, Hans