Lady May Houseboat
Lady May Houseboat
The Lady May Houseboat is a top of the range Monohull Cruiser, possibly the most luxurious in her catergory. Decorated with interior pine panelling, she is the Lady of the Lake. Beautiful and sleek, spacious and comfortable, fully air conditioned with finishing's and furnishings fit for the Corporate and Executive client and those who seek the ultimate experience in upmarket houseboat holidays.
- CREW: 3 to 4 crew comprising Captain, chef and 1 or 2 deckhands (depending on number of passengers)
- MAX PAX: 12 (8 pax in cabins)
- CRUISING SPEED: 6 to 7 knots
- CABINS: 4 cabins (2 x double - en suite, 1 x twin - en suite, 1 x twin bunks with seperate shower and toilet)
- EXTRA BEDDING ON TOP DECK - only 6 mosquito nets, but more available on request.
- AIR CONDITIONED: Throughout Please Note: Generator will be switched off at 10pm which is Government Stipulated Lake Rules. Therefore the Air Cons will not run after this time.
- TOILETS: 4 in total
- SHOWERS: 4 in total
- GENERATOR 25KVA Generator + a 10KVA back up with 220 V power supply to run all electrical appliances
- PLUG POINTS are square so clients to bring adaptors if necessary.
- COLD SPACE 1 x Large Stand Up Fridge/Freezer, 2 x deep freezers, 2 x fridges and cold boxes & new bar fridge.
- JACUZZI on upper deck with sun loungers
- UPPER DECK boasts 360 degree view of lake and is partially covered
- MUSIC SYSTEM: Ipod docking station, TV, DVD player on board. Clients to bring own Ipod and DVD's.
- 12 SEATER DINING TABLE
- FITTED KITCHEN with ample Cold Space
- BRAAIS - Charcoal braai on board
- CHILD FRIENDLY: preferrably children 6 years and older
- TENDER BOATS: 1 x Pontoon Type Tender and 1 x Dory SpeedBoat Please Note: Tender Boats are for Game Drives and fishing in the vicinity of the houseboat and are strictly crew driven. Should you require a speed boat for long distance fishing, please either bring your own which will be towed behind the houseboat leaving behind one of the houseboat tenders, (please bring your own rope for towing and fuel) or you can hire a speed boat from Marineland. (Contact us for details).
- MOORING: Currently moored at Marineland. Parking is $5 per night per vehicle and it is safe and guarded.
- BOARDING: 12:00pm and disembarking at 10:00am (Unless otherwise arranged)
- Houseboat and Tender boat hire
- Cleaning Materials, Dishwashing Soap, Toilet Paper and Bathroom Soap
- All linen and mosquito nets
- Cutlery and crockery
- All meals, drinks, condiments etc
- Fishing equipment and bait
- Bath and Swimming towels
- Mosquito repellant
- National Parks lake usage and fishing fees
- First aid kit
- Vehicle parking fees
Recommended Charter Routes
Minimum 2 night charter - up to Changa Chirire area or Gache Gache area
3 night charters - up to Palm bay or Sanyati West
4 night charters - up to Gordons Bay/Elephant Point
5 night charters - up to Elephant point/Tashinga
6 nights or more - up to the Ume
FUEL CONSUMPTION GUIDELINES
Main engines: 13 litres per running hour EACH ie. 26 litres per hour for 2 engines
Big generator: 4.5 litres per hour
Small generator: 2.5 litres per hour
Tender boat – work on 25 litres per day
Harbour to Antelope / Zebra Islands 1 – 1.5 hours
Harbour to Palm Bay 3 – 3.5 hours
Harbour to Elephant Point 4.5 hours
Harbour to Ume 5 – 6 hours
Sengwa Safaris offer competitive rates on all extras (catering, drinks, fishing rod hire and bait) so please let us know if you would like us to include any of these in your quotation. Please click on the links above for more information on catering and extras or visit our FAQ's page.
Please note that whilst every effort has been made to ensure the details supplied above are correct we can not be held responsible in any way should an item mentioned above not be on board /broken or miss quoted.
Specs and Technical Data
Registration Number: KF1556
Hull Type: : Cruiser
Length: 26ft (7.92m)
Engine: 2 Twin Volvo Penta D4/180 engines
Mooring: Breezers Harbour
Extra FacilitiesOffers dry, wet or fully inclusive packages Charcoal Braai on board
- Game viewing
- Bird watching
- Photography and videography
- Reading and board games
Good afternoon, Maureen,
I've finally returned from Zim and Zambia to come crashing back to reality in the States after a fantastic wedding/holiday back home. Lady May was spectacular and we had a phenomenal time (although too short!).
Thanks for all your help in everything and I look forward to hopefully chatting to you about another charter in the next year or two, fingers crossed!
Otherwise, all the best for 2016, and here's hoping that things settle down and improve a bit for a change back home!
Many thanks, again
Thank you for your email.
We had a very good time in Kariba. The children enjoyed fishing and playing in the jacuzzi. George is a very good chef, the food was delicious although in most cases was too much.
All the crew members were very helpful, courteous and professional.
The only suggestion I have is maybe to add a limited dstv bouquet which would be useful for downtime especially for the kids. Other than that, the Lady May is well equipped, clean and very comfortable.
We shall definitely recommend Lady May to friends and will visit again soon.
Thank you for all your help in organising a wonderful holiday for us. My husband and I really enjoyed the time away from our busy schedules at work!
What a fantastic experience - everyone loved the boat and the crew, and we will be more than happy to recommend both Kariba Houseboats and the Lady May in the future.
I specifically have to complement George as the chef - he is brilliant and his food was divine. We asked him for a number of his recipes!
Thanks for your mail. We had a really fantastic trip and the houseboat was all that we expected! It is a very nice, comfortable boat. The crew are a real asset for the boat owners, they were absolutely excellent…………..the best we’ve experienced. Nothing was too much trouble for them. Thanks for all your professional, efficient and very helpful service.
All the best to you too, kind regards,
Thanks so much for everything you did, the houseboat was amazing and we had such a fabulous time. We will definitely be going back.
Enjoy your day, kind regards