Lady May Houseboat
Lady May Houseboat
The Lady May has been refurbished and back in Kariba.
The Cabins - Guests are accommodated in four spacious air-conditioned cabins below deck, three of which are en-suite and the fourth of which has its own separate shower and toilette facility. The profile of the cabins are one queen size bed, one double bed, a twin and twin bunk beds.
Costs: Fuel Inclusive Rates Only!
- CREW: 4 crew comprising Captain, chef and 2 deckhands
- MAX PAX: 12
- CRUISING SPEED: 6 to 7 knots
- CABINS: 4 cabins (1 x queen - en suite, 1 x double - en suite, 1 x twin - en suite, 1 x twin bunks)
- AIR CONDITIONED: Throughout Please Note: Generator will be switched off at 10pm which is Government Stipulated Lake Rules. Therefore the Air Cons will not run after this time.
- TOILETS: 4 in total
- SHOWERS: 4 in total
- GENERATOR with 220 V power supply to run all electrical appliances
- PLUG POINTS are square so clients to bring adaptors if necessary.
- COLD SPACE 2 x deep freezers, 2 x fridges and cold boxes
- SPLASH POOL on upper deck
- MUSIC SYSTEM: TV, DVD player and CD player on board
- BRAAIS - Charcoal braai on board
- CHILD FRIENDLY: preferrably children 6 years and older
- TENDER BOATS: 2 x 18ft Sunrunners Please Note: Tender Boats are for Game Drives and fishing in the vicinity of the houseboat and are strictly crew driven. Should you require a speed boat for long distance fishing, please either bring your own which will be towed behind the houseboat leaving behind one of the houseboat tenders, (please bring your own rope for towing and fuel) or you can hire a speed boat from Marineland. (Contact us for details).
- MOORING: Currently moored at Breezers Mariner Directions to the harbour : On the Makuti/Kariba road go left at the Winsor Diesel Garage (approx 68km peg), then immediately left again down the hill. After going thru the entrance to the old Kariba Breezes Hotel, go left down to the harbour
- VEHICLE PARKING: Parking for vehicles is $2 per night per vehicle.
- BOARDING: 12:00pm and disembarking at 11:00am
- Houseboat and Tender boat hire
- Cleaning Materials, Dishwashing Soap, Toilet Paper and Bathroom Soap
- All linen and mosquito nets
- Cutlery and crockery
- All meals, drinks, condiments etc
- Fishing equipment and bait
- Bath and Swimming towels
- Mosquito repellant
- National Parks lake usage and fishing fees
- First aid kit
- Vehicle parking fees
2 night charters - up to Antelope Island
3 night charters - up to Palm bay
4 night charters - up to Sanyati west
5 night charters - up to Elephant point
6 nights or more - up to the Ume
Sengwa Safaris offer competitive rates on all extras (catering, drinks, fishing rod hire and bait) so please let us know if you would like us to include any of these in your quotation. Please click on the links above for more information on catering and extras or visit our FAQ's page.
Please note that whilst every effort has been made to ensure the details supplied above are correct we can not be held responsible in any way should an item mentioned above not be on board /broken or miss quoted.
Specs and Technical Data
Registration Number: KF1556
Hull Type: : Cruiser
Length: 26ft (7.92m)
Engine: 2 Twin Volvo Penta D4/180 engines
Mooring: Breezers Harbour
Extra FacilitiesOffers dry, wet or fully inclusive packages Charcoal Braai on board
- Game viewing
- Bird watching
- Photography and videography
- Reading and board games
Good afternoon, Maureen,
I've finally returned from Zim and Zambia to come crashing back to reality in the States after a fantastic wedding/holiday back home. Lady May was spectacular and we had a phenomenal time (although too short!).
Thanks for all your help in everything and I look forward to hopefully chatting to you about another charter in the next year or two, fingers crossed!
Otherwise, all the best for 2016, and here's hoping that things settle down and improve a bit for a change back home!
Many thanks, again
Thank you for your email.
We had a very good time in Kariba. The children enjoyed fishing and playing in the jacuzzi. George is a very good chef, the food was delicious although in most cases was too much.
All the crew members were very helpful, courteous and professional.
The only suggestion I have is maybe to add a limited dstv bouquet which would be useful for downtime especially for the kids. Other than that, the Lady May is well equipped, clean and very comfortable.
We shall definitely recommend Lady May to friends and will visit again soon.
Thank you for all your help in organising a wonderful holiday for us. My husband and I really enjoyed the time away from our busy schedules at work!
What a fantastic experience - everyone loved the boat and the crew, and we will be more than happy to recommend both Kariba Houseboats and the Lady May in the future.
I specifically have to complement George as the chef - he is brilliant and his food was divine. We asked him for a number of his recipes!
Thanks for your mail. We had a really fantastic trip and the houseboat was all that we expected! It is a very nice, comfortable boat. The crew are a real asset for the boat owners, they were absolutely excellent…………..the best we’ve experienced. Nothing was too much trouble for them. Thanks for all your professional, efficient and very helpful service.
All the best to you too, kind regards,
Thanks so much for everything you did, the houseboat was amazing and we had such a fabulous time. We will definitely be going back.
Enjoy your day, kind regards