Lorna D Houseboat
Lorna D Houseboat
Lorna D is a well maintained cruiser with a practical layout and has a total of four cabins, two of which are en suite.
- MAX PAX 10
- CRUISING SPEED 10 knots
- CREW 2 (Captain & Chef/Deck hand)
- CABINS 2 double en suite and 2 twin bunks
- TOILET 2
- SHOWER 3
- AIR CONDITIONED Lounge is air conditioned and there are fans in cabins Please Note: Generator will be switched off at 10pm which is Government Stipulated Lake Rules. Therefore the Air Cons will not run after this time.
- SUN DECK Spacious sun deck with garden type furniture
- KITCHEN Fitted kitchen located in the wheelhouse
- COLD SPACE Ample cold space
- ICE MAKER
- BRAAI Gas braai on board
- POWER SUPPLY 220v and 12v with a 10 Kva generator
- PLUG POINTS Both square and round plug points
- CHILD FREINDLY Yes
- SWIMMING POOL No
- TENDERS 1 x Skimmer 50Hp Yamaha 8 pax, 1 x Falcon 115Hp Evinrude 6 pax Please Note: Tender Boats are for Game Drives and fishing in the vicinity of the houseboat and are strictly crew driven. Should you require a speed boat for long distance fishing, please either bring your own which will be towed behind the houseboat leaving behind one of the houseboat tenders, (please bring your own rope for towing and fuel) or you can hire a speed boat from Marineland. (Contact us for details).
- BOARDING at 12:00pm and disembarking at 10:00am
- MOORED at Marineland Harbour
- VEHICLE PARKING: Guarded parking provided at $5 per vehicle and $3 per trailer per night
- Houseboat and tender boat hire
- Cleaning materials, Dishwashing Soap and toilet paper
- 15% VAT and 2% Tourism Levy
- Fuel for main vessel, tender boats, two stroke oil
- Lorna D will consume approximately 90 litres of diesel per night and each tender will use approximately 15 litres of petrol and one bottle of two stroke oil per night
- Please note: the above fuel usage is an estimation for your reference and actual amount consumed will vary with routing.
- All meals and drinks
- Bathroom Soap and Personal Toiletries
- National Parks lake usage and fishing fees
- Fishing requirements i.e rods, bait and tackle packs
- Swimming and bath towels
- First aid kit
Recommended Charter Routes:
2 night charters - up to Antelope Island
3 night charters - up to Palm bay
4 night charters - up to Sanyati west
5 night charters - up to Elephant point
6 nights or more - up to the Ume
Fully Inclusive Option
Sengwa Safaris offer competitive rates on all extras (catering, drinks, fishing rod hire and bait) so please let us know if you would like us to include any of these in your quotation.Please click on the links above for more information on catering and extras or visit our FAQ's page.
Please note that whilst every effort has been made to ensure the details supplied above are correct we can not be held responsible in any way should an item mentioned above not be on board /broken or miss quoted.
Specs and Technical Data
Registration Number: KF 1353
Hull Type: : Cruiser
Length: 56ft (17.07m)
Engine: 2x caterpillar turbo diesels
Mooring: Marineland harbour
Extra FacilitiesIce maker
- Game viewing
- Bird watching
- Photography and videography
- Reading and board games
We had a really wonderful time on Lorna D. The boat exceeded our expectations and worked extremely well, helped by the really great crew of Jealous, Weston and Wycliffe. These are great guys, very friendly, yet experienced and, above all, professional. Nothing was too much trouble for them and they coped very well dealing with the different tastes of 3 "townie" Englishmen. They are a credit.
Following my earlier concerns about not having 2 fast speedboats, I am pleased to say that you were right. The pontoon was very comfortable, with quite a good and fast engine and much more suited to 3 or 4 people fishing.
The food was excellent - no complaints at all.
Thanks for all your help and advice in arranging a very enjoyable and memorable trip.
It was a wonderful trip.We are so pleased.
The only thing we didn´t like was that the fans was out of order. But the crew was fantastic. I have written about the trip in an Swedish website, I am an old journalist, and you can find it on www.nyfikengra.se
And Adam took some fantastic pictures, as he always does.
Just wanted to email to say that we had a fabulous trip and loved the Lorna D and staff.
Thanks for organizing it for us.