Malachite is a clean, comfortable and airy pontoon type houseboat with capacity for 14 passengers and a top deck splash pool.
- CABINS 4 cabins on the lower deck (3 with twin beds and the fourth with 3 bunks)
- MAX PAX 14
- CRUISING SPEED 5 knots
- AIR CONDITIONED No.
- TOILETS 2 toilets
- SHOWERS 2 showers
- SPLASH POOL Yes
- BAR Comfortable bar area on top deck
- FITTED KITCHEN with two large deep freezers and ample loose cold boxes
- POWER 220V Power supplied from Marine Generator & 12V dc battery systems
- PLUG POINTS Round plugs on board, so clients must bring adaptors if necessary
- BRAAI Wood/Charcoal braai on board, but wood/charcoal is not supplied.
- CREW 3 crew (captain, chef and deck hand)
- CHILD FRIENDLY Yes
- TENDER BOATS 1 Pontoon Please Note: Tender Boats are for Game Drives and fishing in the vicinity of the houseboat and are strictly crew driven. Should you require a speed boat for long distance fishing, please either bring your own which will be towed behind the houseboat leaving behind one of the houseboat tenders, (please bring your own rope for towing and fuel) or you can hire a speed boat from Marineland. (Contact us for details).
- BOARDING 12:00pm and disembarking 10:00am
- MOORED at Marineland harbour
- VEHICLE PARKING: Guarded parking provided at $5 per vehicle and $3 per trailer per night
- Houseboat and tender boat hire
- All linen and mosquito nets
- All fuel and outboard oil (the main vessel, tender boats and generators will be full before departure- on return to harbour at the end of the trip you will be required to re-fuel these and settle in USD cash at that time)
- Fuel consumption is approximately 75 litres per night for the main vessel and 10 litres per tender per night
- All meals, drinks, condiments, toilet paper, serviettes, washing liquid, soap and toiletries etc.
- Fishing equipment and bait
- Ice (recommended 4 blocks per day during winter and 5 blocks per day in the summer months)
- Swimming towels
- National Parks lake usage and fishing fees
- First aid kit
- Vehicle parking fees
- Crew gratuities
Recommended Charter Routes:
2 night charters - up to Antelope Island
3 night charters - up to Palm bay
4 night charters - up to Sanyati west
5 night charters - up to Elephant point
6 nights or more - up to the Ume
Fully Inclusive Option:
Sengwa Safaris offer competitive rates on all extras (catering, drinks, fishing rod hire and bait) so please let us know if you would like us to include any of these in your quotation.Please click on the links above for more information on catering and extras or visit our FAQ's page.
Please note that whilst every effort has been made to ensure the details supplied above are correct we can not be held responsible in any way should an item mentioned above not be on board /broken or miss quoted.
Specs and Technical Data
Registration Number: KF 190
Hull Type: : Pontoon
Length: 18ft (5.49m)
Engine: 2 x 6 Cylinder Volvo Engines
Mooring: Marineland Harbour
- Game viewing
- Bird watching
- Photography and videography
- Reading and board games