OB Joyful Houseboat
OB Joyful Houseboat
- CREW: 4 crew comprising Captain, chef, deckhand and cabin attendant
- MAX PAX: 12 comfortably
- CABINS: 4 cabins (2 x twin ensuite downstairs, 2 x twin non-ensuite upstairs, but have hand basins in each and a separate bathroom to share on upper deck) Please note the twin beds cannot be pushed together. There is space for 6 extra sleepers upstairs.
- AIR CON: All cabins and lounge and dining area are air conditioned. Please Note: Generator will be switched off at 10pm which is Government Stipulated Lake Rules. Therefore the Air Cons will not run after this time.
- TOILETS: 3
- SHOWERS: 3 (+ 1 x cold)
- GENERATOR with 220 V power supply to run all electrical appliances
- PLUG POINTS are square so clients to bring adaptors if necessary. There is also a cigarette lighter in the bar where phones and camera batteries can be charged.
- BAR - fully equipped
- POOL Open Air Splash Pool
- BRAAIS - Wood/Charcoal braai on board that will be taken onto shore when needed. Charcoal to be supplied by client unless on a catered charter.
- LAUNDRY - Washing and Ironing of clothes can be done at $5 per load which is payable to the Chef before washing is done. Washing powder, soap and fabric softener to be supplied by Client.
- CHILD FRIENDLY: preferrably children 4 years and older
- TENDER BOATS: 2 Tenders, 2 x Dory speed boats
- LIFE JACKETS: available and stored on the Houseboat
- Please Note: Tender Boats are for Game Drives and fishing in the vicinity of the houseboat and are strictly crew driven. Should you require a speed boat for long distance fishing, please either bring your own which will be towed behind the houseboat leaving behind one of the houseboat tenders, (please bring your own rope for towing and fuel) or you can hire a speed boat from Marineland. (Contact us for details).
- MOORING: Kariba Breezes
- PARKING: For cars is $2 per night per car.
- BOARDING: 11:00am and disembarking at 9:30am. If a Back to Back, boarding at 12 noon and disembarking at 9am.
- Houseboat and Tender boat hire
- All linen and mosquito nets
- Bath and hand towels (Swimming Towels are to be supplied by clients)
- Cutlery and crockery
- Cleaning Materials, ie dishwashing liquid, bin bags, toilet rolls, air freshener, dish cloths
- Fuel for main vessel, tender boats and generator
- All meals, drinks, condiments etc
- Personal toiletries - bath soap, body wash, shampoo etc
- Fishing equipment and bait (Fishing Rods and Reels for Hire and Tackle Packs for Sale)
- Ice - to be ordered from Kariba Breezes Harbour only.
- Charcoal - to be supplied by Client
- Swimming towels
- Mosquito repellant
- National Parks lake usage and fishing fees
- First aid kit
- Vehicle parking fees
2 night charters - up to Antelope Island
3 night charters - up to Palm bay
4 night charters - up to Sanyati west
5 night charters - up to Elephant point
6 nights or more - up to the Ume
Sengwa Safaris offer competitive rates on all extras (catering, drinks, fishing rod hire and bait) so please let us know if you would like us to include any of these in your quotation. Please click on the links above for more information on catering and extras or visit our FAQ's page.
Please note that whilst every effort has been made to ensure the details supplied above are correct we can not be held responsible in any way should an item mentioned above not be on board /broken or miss quoted.
Specs and Technical Data
Registration Number: KF225
Hull Type: : Pontoon
Length: 70ft (21.34m)
Mooring: Kariba Breezes
- Game viewing
- Bird watching
- Photography and videography
- Reading and board games
Once again, we had a wonderful trip on OBJoyfull, our guests were ecstatic when they walked on board and loved every minute of the rest of the trip.
The staff, Captain Godfrey, Pilate, Sailas and Warren were excellent, they went out of their way to make sure we were well looked after, nothing was too much for them. They are really to be commended.
The fishing was not that great, but we did have wonderful game viewing.
We shall definitely be booking OBJ again.
Thank you Mo for all your help, please also thank Isabel of Bluewaters for arranging the ice etc.
Only one hiccup there was a problem with fuel at the harbors, but that is beyond your or any bodies hands!!! On our way home we struggled to get fuel eventually getting at Chinoyi where they only accepted Ecocash or cash - us not doing Ecocash we were fortunate to have $17 cash which helped!!
Peter and Tish
Just a quick mail to say thank you SO very much for all your arrangements and referrals. We had an utterly superb time on OBJ.
Captain Godfrey took us to some lovely secluded spots to overnight and some fruitful fishing nooks during the day. He and the team were really wonderful.
Chef Warren cooked up such delicious meals I think we all doubled our body weight, and the deck hands Pilot and Silas, well nothing was too much trouble, they really made every effort to ensure our comfort.
The boat itself is very spacious and comfortable, we've already highly recommended it to many people!
The transfer from Eagles Nest to the boat was super efficient and just the way to go! We would not change anything!
Again, thank you from all of us. We will definitely be back soon.
Jacqui and Mike
and Alf, Darleen and Jill
Sorry for the delayed reply, we've had no phone signal but back in Harare now! It was so great, thank you. We loved the boat which suited us perfectly and the crew were outstanding. Please pass Godfrey, Silas, Pilot and Warren our thanks again, as they were all just wonderful.
Thank you again, it was a wonderful 4 days!
All the best,
Thank you for all your assistance in organising our second trip on OB Joyful. We had a wonderful time and the crew are the best on Lake Kariba. As you know we had a very elderly and sickly guest with us and the crew were simply amazing. They carried him onto the houseboat when we arrived and set him up in his own cabin on the top deck. They were always around when we needed them and very helpful.
The catering was out of this world, the cook on the boat certainly knows his stuff.
Just one word of advice to those people travelling to Palm Bay – watch out for the crocodiles. They kept close to the houseboat and followed us in the fishing boats which was quite a scary experience. We are all in our 70’s and this rattled us a bit. The captain then decided to leave and we went to Gordons Bay which was lovely and good fishing.
Thank you again for a wonderful holiday on OB Joyful.