Osprey has been designed and built to be a spacious and practical houseboat, offering large open plan areas for relaxing and entertaining. All cabins are semi open plan with roll down canvas flaps and the top deck has a splash pool, bar area and spacious sun deck.
- MAX PAX 26 passengers comfortably
- CRUISING SPEED 9 knots
- CREW 5 (Captain, Chef and 3 Deck Hands)
- CABINS 12 cabins (8 on the bottom deck and 4 on the top deck)
- AIR CONDITIONING No
- SHOWERS 4
- TOILETS 4
- POOL Jacuzzi on top deck and Swim cage (3m x 3m)
- TOP DECK large covered seating area
- POWER SUPPLY 12v lighting and 220v generator (run time max 6 hrs.)
- PLUG POINTS
- TENDER BOATS 2 by 16 ft. tender boats with 5hp Mariner motors Please Note: Tender Boats are for Game Drives and fishing in the vicinity of the houseboat and are strictly crew driven. Should you require a speed boat for long distance fishing, please either bring your own which will be towed behind the houseboat leaving behind one of the houseboat tenders, (please bring your own rope for towing and fuel) or you can hire a speed boat from Marineland. (Contact us for details).
- BRAAI Wood Braai on board, clients to supply their own wood and charcoal
- CHILD FRIENDLY Yes
- BOARDING 12:00pm and disembarking 10:00am
- MOORING at Andora harbour. Parking for vehicles is free of charge and the Habour Master is on premises at night.
- SAFETY EQUIPMENT (ship to shore radio,4x12 man life rafts, life rings, life jackets, fire ext.)
- WHEEL CHAIR FRIENDLY
1-12 Pax= US$500 per houseboat per night DRY boat / 1-18 Pax = US$680 per night per houseboat DRY boat / 1-26 Pax = US$900.00 per night per houseboat DRY boat - Rates are inclusive of Taxes.
- Houseboat and tender boat hire
- All linen and mosquito nets
- Cleaning materials, including dish washing liquid, Handy Andy and toilet cleaner
- Toilet paper & Guest Soap
* ALL FUEL
- All meals, drinks, condiments, serviettes, soap and personal toiletries etc.
- Swimming Towels
- Fishing equipment and bait
- Ice (recommended 4 blocks per day during winter and 5 blocks per day in the summer months)
- National Parks lake usage and fishing fees
- First aid kit
- Vehicle parking fees
- Crew gratuities
Recommended Charter Routes:
2 night charters - up to Antelope Island
3 night charters - up to Palm bay
4 night charters - up to Sanyati west
5 night charters - up to Elephant point
6 nights or more - up to the Ume
Sengwa Safaris offer competitive rates on all extras (catering, drinks, fishing rod hire and bait) so please let us know if you would like us to include any of these in your quotation.Please click on the links above for more information on catering and extras or visit our FAQ's page.
Please note that whilst every effort has been made to ensure the details supplied above are correct we can not be held responsible in any way should an item mentioned above not be on board /broken or miss quoted.
Specs and Technical Data
Registration Number: KF 1121
Hull Type: : Pontoon
Length: 90ft (27.43m)
Engine: Twin cummins turbo diesel
Mooring: Andora Harbour
Extra FacilitiesSwimming cage
- Game viewing
- Bird watching
- Photography and videography
- Reading and board games
We got back last week and sadly, back into the thick of things at work (for some of us!! ).
I have to say that our experience on The Osprey was fantastic. We arrived later than expected on Monday and so we only left the harbour around 5.30pm and so we slept the night off Antelope Island, but it was nevertheless a great 3 nights on board.
The boat very much exceeded our expectations, the crew were brilliant - friendly, efficient and they knew their stuff and were accommodating of our needs and the facilities for David in the wheelchair were great - so all in all we had an extremely good experience.
I would most certainly recommend this Boat and crew to friends.
Thanks for arranging this for us.
I completely agree with my brother's sentiments below. Our stay on the Osprey was a fantastic experience and the crew were an absolute credit to the owners!
Thanks to you and the owners and staff of the Osprey. I'll also be recommending them to any friends considering a similar experience!
We had a wonderful time on the Osprey and everything was up to a very high standard!
The food was spectacular and we couldn't ask for more!
Thank you for your assistance in everything!
We would definitely recommend it to our friends!
Thought I would just drop you a line to thank you for the most wonderful trip on the Osprey. We had a fabulous time and everybody was really impressed with the boat and the crew. When we arrived back, the owner came aboard for a quick chat but I did not get to speak to him so please do pass on our sincere thanks to him. The boat is well maintained – as you said it was and there was so much space. The crew were very helpful indeed especially Solomon who was always ready to assist with anything. The Captain, Collins, was very professional and excellent at his job. We were all very happy indeed and have told several people already what a fine trip it was. Seriously good value for money and we will certainly make sure we book well ahead for our next trip.
Thanks also go to you for your prompt replies to emails and good sound advice on everything.