Return to Eden Houseboat
Return to Eden Houseboat
Return to Eden is a 75 ft. double decked, air conditioned pontoon that has been recently refurbished and hence makes it one of the more comfortable and well-appointed vessels on the Lake. With its large carrying capacity of 18 passengers Return to Eden is a popular vessel for large family getaways.
- MAX PAX Ideal for 12, max 16.
- CREW 3 (Captain, Chef and Deck Hand) The Crew cook and service the cabins daily.
- CABINS 6 cabins - All En Suite (Toilet, Shower and hand basin) 3 x Cabins with Double Beds (Can be replaced with 2 x single beds if required but 72 hrs notice is required) - , 3 x Cabins have 2 single beds each.
- Extra toilet, shower and Basin on lower deck for those not in cabins
- EXTRA BEDDING Bunk Beds are available for guests who wish to sleep on the top deck.
- AIR CONDITIONED All cabins are air conditioned Please Note: Generator will be switched off at 10pm which is Government Stipulated Lake Rules. Therefore the Air Cons will not run after this time.
- TOP DECK Extremely spacious top deck with a fully enclosed saloon fitted with 2 dining tables and chairs to seat 12 people.
- STAIRS to top deck have hand rails and are very secure
- POOL Shaded splash pool to cool off on the bottom deck. Cooling Misters surround this portion of the deck.
- SUN DECK for the Sun Lovers, there are sun beds and a comfortable garden suite on the open sun deck. This deck is also cooled by surrounding misters.
- CHILD FRIENDLY Yes
- BAR Large Bar Counter which is also accessible from the sun deck.
- TENDER BOATS 2 skimmer mini pontoon tender boats with capacity for 8 to 14 guests between them. Please Note: Tender Boats are for Game Drives and fishing in the vicinity of the houseboat and are strictly crew driven. Should you require a speed boat for long distance fishing, please either bring your own which will be towed behind the houseboat leaviGng behind one of the houseboat tenders, (please bring your own rope for towing and fuel) or you can hire a speed boat from Marineland. (Contact us for details).
- KITCHEN Fitted kitchen with both electric and gas stoves.
- COLD SPACE Ample cold space 1 x Fridge, 2 x Large Deep Freezers, 1 x Extra Freezer/Ice Box behind Bar.
- WASHING MACHINE & TUMBLE DRYER for clients comfort
- POWER SUPPLY Solar Panels with 1.5kva, 220 Volt Inverter, plus 2 x 15kva 220 Volt Generators
- PLUG POINTS Round Plugs only, so clients must bring adaptors
- MOORING at Marineland harbour
- VEHICLE PARKING: Guarded parking provided at $5 per vehicle and $3 per trailer per night
- BOARDING at 12:00pm and disembarking at 10:00am
- Houseboat and tender boat hire
- All cleaning materials and toilet paper
- Complimentary Toiletries - Bath Soap, Conditioning Shampoo, Hand Cream and Shower Gel
- All Linen and Bath Towels
- 15% VAT and 2% Tourism Levy
- Fuel for main vessel, tender boats, two stroke oil and generator
- Eden will consume approximately 90 litres of diesel per night and each tender will use approximately 15 litres of petrol and one bottle of two stroke oil per night
- Please note: the above fuel usage is an estimation for your reference and actual amount consumed will vary with routing.
- All meals and drinks
- Personal Toiletries as there are Complimentary Toiletries supplied - as above.
- National Parks lake usage and fishing fees
- Fishing requirements i.e rods, bait and tackle packs
- First aid kit
Recommended Charter Routes:
2 night charters - up to Antelope Island
3 night charters - up to Palm bay
4 night charters - up to Sanyati west
5 night charters - up to Elephant point
6 nights or more - up to the Ume
Fully inclusive option:
For clients wanting a fully inclusive package, Sengwa Safaris offer competitive rates on all extras (catering, drinks, fishing rod hire and bait) so please let us know if you would like us to include any of these in your quotation.Please click on the links above for more information on catering and extras or visit our FAQ's page.
Please note that whilst every effort has been made to ensure the details supplied above are correct we can not be held responsible in any way should an item mentioned above not be on board /broken or miss quoted.
Specs and Technical Data
Registration Number: KF 1473
Hull Type: : Pontoon
Length: 75ft (22.86m)
Engine: Twin nissan 6 cylinder
Mooring: Marineland Harbour
Extra FacilitiesSolar power supply
- Game viewing
- Bird watching
- Photography and videography
- Reading and board games
We had an excellent time thank you.
The boat was great and the staff were more than amazing. They are a credit to the boat and Marineland.
Thank you for all the help you gave us.
Hope you had a lovely Christmas and New Years.
All the best
Thank you for your wonderful service. We enjoyed very much. It was indeed good.
Thank you again
I was going to write to you, am sorry you had to write first...
Thank you so much Mo we really had a lovely time , it was memorable and the kids didnt want to come back home.. lol. The crew was amazing , am sure we are going to arrange another trip soon.
Thanks so much for all the support.
Overall the whole family was happy and we really enjoyed ourselves.
God Bless you.
Thank you very much. Our trip, the crew and boat itself was excellent. Thank you for the suggestion. It was a pleasure to do business with you and I will certainly contact in the future should I wish to book another boat. I hope that 2017 bring much change for Zimbabwe.
I just wanted to say thank you for organising everything for me we had such a lovely trip and the boat and crew were amazing!
Thanks again for all your time and help
We are well back to Knysna and France for my friends.We enjoy our cruise on Return of Eden, the crew was friendly and helpful,the catering was excellent, and the boat was really adapted to our group.
Only disappointment was the game on the bank,only few,I think that was due to the late end of raining season and the heavy poaching on the Zimbabue reserve, For the fishing it was poor too,may be due to the hight water level.
Thank for your organization and the welcome of Tender.
We had a wonderful time
The Boat, its absolutely excellent we do not mind getting the same boat next year, the bedrooms, toilets, showers relaxing area NO COMPLAINTS AT ALL
The Staff, they were ALL excellent the cook and the captain were 100% cooperative , I hope when we get the boat next year there will still be there.
You guy’s thanks for everything hope to do business with you again next year
Hi Mo I would like to thank you and the crew for the super time we all experienced on the Return to Eden I will whenever I speak with people recommend you and Return to Eden. I will be leaving early tomorrow morning for 5 or 6 days with friends to Kanyemba for some more fishing. We may be back in a year or so and will be in contact.