The Royale Houseboat
The Royale Houseboat
The Royale is a 56ft cruiser, recently refurbished and boasts 2 top of the range Volvo engines with a cruising speed of 8 knots, up to a maximum of 12 knots. She has 2 silent generators which work around the clock for air-conditioned comfort in the salon, the stateroom and 2 twin cabins. The Stateroom and one twin both have ensuite facilities, and there is another separate shower/toilet facility easily accessible from the other twin cabin. She has a Scotsman ice machine installed and plenty of space on the main open deck for dining and relaxing. There is a comfortable sun lounging deck to soak up the rays and enjoy the panoramic views. Off the stern, there is a Bermuda deck to fish off or access the tender boats for fishing (She is known as the most successful bream fishing boat on the lake). If clients prefer to have dinner in the salon, the crew will be happy to set up a table. The crew are very experienced, the captain has been working on the lake for 20 years, the last 12 as a captain. The second member of the crew acts as a deckhand and chef, producing feasts to delight.
- CREW: 2 crew comprising Captain, chef/deckhand
- MAX PAX: 6 (8 if two people happy to sleep upstairs)
- CRUISING SPEED: 8 knots
- CABINS: 3 cabins (1 x double, 2 x twin) 2 x En suite
- AIR CON: Airconditioned throughout Please Note: Silent Generator therefore Air Cons can run all night.
- TOILETS: 3
- SHOWERS: 3
- GENERATOR 2 x silent Generators to run all electrical appliances and unlimited Air Con.
- COLD SPACE: 3 Fridge Freezers, 2 Wine Coolers & 1 Ice Machine
- PLUG POINTS are square so clients to bring adaptors if necessary.
- BRAAIS - Gas braai on board
- POOL: None
- CHILD FRIENDLY: preferrably children 4 years and older
- TENDER BOATS: 1 x pontoon, max pax 8 and 1 x speedboat
- Please Note: Tender Boats are for Game Drives and fishing in the vicinity of the houseboat and are strictly crew driven. Should you require a speed boat for long distance fishing, please either bring your own which will be towed behind the houseboat leaving behind one of the houseboat tenders, (please bring your own rope for towing and fuel) or you can hire a speed boat from Marineland. (Contact us for details).
- MOORING: Currently moored at Breezers Mariner Directions to the harbour : On the Makuti/Kariba road go left at
- the Winsor Diesel Garage (approx 68km peg), then immediately left again down the hill. After going thru the entrance to the old Kariba Breezes Hotel, go left down to the harbour.
- VEHICLE PARKING: $2 per vehicle per night.
- BOARDING: 12:00pm and disembarking at 10:00am
Fully Inclusive Rate includes:
Please note Fuel is not included in the rates
- Houseboat and Tender boat hire
- All meals, drinks, condiments etc
- Cleaning materials
- Bathroom Soap & Toilet Paper
- Fishing equipment and bait
- All linen and mosquito nets
- Cutlery and crockery
- Bath Towels
- Mosquito repellant
- National Parks lake usage and fishing fees
- First Aid Kit
- Houseboat and Tender boat Hire
- All Linen and Mosquito Nets
- Cutlery and Crockery
- First Aid Kit
2 night charters - up to Antelope Island
3 night charters - up to Palm bay
4 night charters - up to Sanyati west
5 night charters - up to Elephant point
6 nights or more - up to the Ume
Sengwa Safaris offer competitive rates on all extras (catering, drinks, fishing rod hire and bait) so please let us know if you would like us to include any of these in your quotation. Please click on the links above for more information on catering and extras or visit our FAQ's page.
Please note that whilst every effort has been made to ensure the details supplied above are correct we can not be held responsible in any way should an item mentioned above not be on board /broken or miss quoted.
Specs and Technical Data
Registration Number: KF 951
Hull Type: : Cruiser
Length: 56ft (17.07m)
Engine: 2 x Volvo
Mooring: Kariba Breezers
- Game viewing
- Bird watching
- Photography and videography
- Reading and board games
Thank you for organizing us such an awesome houseboat on very short notice.
We had a great time, will definitely book the Royale again.
Many thanks for your email – I hope you are keeping cool in this heat. Thank you for your email – all went splendidly well for the Fosters and they thoroughly enjoyed the boat. Thank you so much for all your help with this booking especially after all the hiccups with Air Zim etc – it is much appreciated.
Mr Foster posted this on my Facebook Page yesterday:-
“Just experienced the best holiday ever thanks to Briony.
The trip to Zimbabwe was amazing, 3 great days in Vic Falls,
4 days in Kariba on a wonderful houseboat and the 5 days in Harare.
All arranged and well planned with plenty of amazing things to do
over this period.
Thanks Briony for your hard work and making this family holiday so special.”
I couldn’t have received such a great review if it wasn’t for your help – especially for running around on a Sunday to make the best out of a bad situation so I thank you for this J. I would also like to thank the owners for their understanding and for still making their 3 nights possibly after arriving in Kariba a day later than originally scheduled!
Once again – thank you!
Take care and hope to be in touch soon!