Sahwira is a pontoon type houseboat which is newly built. She is spacious and fully equipped to ensure a comfortable and memorable trip on Kariba.
- CREW 5 crew comprising Captain, chef and 3 deckhands
- MAX PAX 26
- CRUISING SPEED 5 knots
- FUEL Dry
- CABINS 13 cabins (11 x downstairs with fans, 2 executive rooms upstairs with aircon) all ensuite
- AIR CONDITIONING: Executive Cabins Only and the downstairs cabins have battery operated fans. Please Note: During the hot months the Aircons will now run from 10pm to 6am and 2 hrs during lunch time.
- TOILETS 13 toilets
- SHOWERS 13 showers
- POWER 220V power supply and 2 x diesel generators plus a back-up invertor system
- PLUG POINTS Clients are asked to bring their own adaptors both round and square
- BAR Upper Deck has teak bar counters and stools, sink, ice maker, under bar counter fridges, deep free and deluxe sound system with 6 speakers
- ENTERTAINMENT There is no TV but the sound system has an AUX connection for Cell Phone and can take a Flash Stick
- FULLY EQUIPPED GALLEY with ample refrigeration, two pantries, store rooms, full sized gas range and oven and microwave
- POOL Splash pool on upper deck
- CHILD FRIENDLY Yes
- BRAAI BBQ Grill
- TENDER BOATS 2 x 6m Pontoons with roof. Please Note: Tender Boats are for Game Drives and fishing in the vicinity of the houseboat and are strictly crew driven. Should you require a speed boat for long distance fishing, please either bring your own which will be towed behind the houseboat leaving behind one of the houseboat tenders, (please bring your own rope for towing and fuel) or you can hire a speed boat from Marineland. (Contact us for details).
- MOORING Currently moored at Andora harbour. Parking for vehicles is free of charge and the Harbour Master is on premises at night.
- BOARDING strictly 12pm and Disembarkment by 9.30am.
- Houseboat and tender boat hire
- All linen, bath towels and mosquito nets
- Cutlery and crockery
- Fuel for main vessel, tender boats and generator
- All meals, drinks, condiments etc
- Toilet Paper, Bathroom Soap, Air Freshener and Dishwashing Soap
- Fishing equipment and bait
- Mosquito Repellant
- Swimming towels
- National Parks lake usage and fishing fees
- First aid kit
- Vehicle parking fees
2 night charters - up to Antelope Island
3 night charters - up to Palm bay
4 night charters - up to Sanyati west
5 night charters - up to Elephant point
6 nights or more - up to the Ume
Sengwa Safaris offer competitive rates on all extras (catering, drinks, fishing rod hire and bait) so please let us know if you would like us to include any of these in your quotation. Please click on the links above for more information on catering and extras or visit our FAQ's page.
Please note that whilst every effort has been made to ensure the details supplied above are correct we can not be held responsible in any way should an item mentioned above not be on board /broken or miss quoted.
Specs and Technical Data
Registration Number: TBA
Hull Type: : Pontoon
Length: 26ft (7.92m)
Engine: 2 x Volvo engines
Mooring: Andora Harbour
- Game viewing
- Bird watching
- Photography and videography
- Reading and board games
Thank you so much for the awesome trip. We had a great time in Kariba. The Sahwira crew was very hospitable and very handy. Words cannot explain how thankful i am. There were no hic ups everything was on point. You made it a very memorable trip for us thank you.
Thank you so much dear
Hi Mo ,
Many thanks we all had a great trip on SAHWIRA. My friends all want to do it again, so I'm sure we will!!
The catering was great, & Deb's was a star with the drinks & returns, just as planned. A no hassle trip for me!! (PEW!!) Carol who is in charge of the boat at the harbor, was most helpful. A big thanks to them all. Captain & crew looked after us very well, a couple needed a little reminder of what their duties were but were quick to respond and were most helpful! The cook was a star and did his very best with every meal. The boat was clean & tidy and nicely presented. We had one problem with a broken bed which was quickly changed with another. (looks like it had been broken before!)
I will certainly recommend SAHWIRA to anyone wanting a boat to cater for ten plus couples as it is so nice to have a shower & toilet in each cabin.
Thanks again Mo for all your help,
John & Pat
I can not thank you enough for sorting out this absolutely amazing holiday. It was just perfect in every single way.
Thanks soooo much