Shikra has been designed and built to be a spacious and practical houseboat, offering large open plan areas for relaxing and entertaining. All cabins are semi open plan with roll down canvas flaps and the top deck has a splash pool, bar area and spacious sun deck. This vessel can accommodate up to 20 passengers comfortably.
- CREW 4 (Captain, Chef and 2 Deckhands)
- MAX PAX 20 passengers comfortably (28 in cabins)
- WET & DRY RATES AVAILABLE contact Mo for details
- CABINS 10 cabins all en suite (2 single beds and 1 bunk bed in each)
- TOILETS 10
- SHOWERS 10
- AIR CONDITIONED Yes, fully air conditioned.
- KITCHEN Fitted kitchen
- COLD SPACE 2 Freezers
- BAR & LOUNGE Bar, lounge and entertainment area on the top deck under shade
- JACUZZI Jacuzzi and sun deck at the bow
- SWIM CAGE at the rear (3m x 3m)
- POWER SUPPLY 12v lighting and 220v generator (run time max 6 hrs.)
- PLUG POINTS
- TENDER BOATS Large pool of tenders within the group and boats will be allocated according to numbers and requests. Please Note: Tender Boats are for Game Drives and fishing in the vicinity of the houseboat and are strictly crew driven. Should you require a speed boat for long distance fishing, please either bring your own which will be towed behind the houseboat leaving behind one of the houseboat tenders, (please bring your own rope for towing and fuel) or you can hire a speed boat from Marineland. (Contact us for details).
- BRAAI Wood Braai on board
- CHILD FRIENDLY Yes
- LIFE JACKETS Life Jackets are supplied for Max Pax, there are small childrens jackets, but please be advised, if you have small children and are worried about the sizes, please supply your own.
- BOARDING 12:00pm and disembarking 10:00am
- MOORING at Marineland harbour
- VEHICLE PARKING: Guarded parking provided at $5 per vehicle and $3 per trailer per night
- SAFETY EQUIPMENT(ship to shore radio,2x12 man life rafts, life rings, life jackets, fire ext.)
- Houseboat and tender boat hire
- All linen and mosquito nets and swimming towels
- Cleaning materials
- Toilet paper
- All fuel for main vessel and tender boats
- All meals, drinks, condiments, serviettes, soap and personal toiletries etc.
- Fishing equipment and bait
- Ice (recommended 4 blocks per day during winter and 5 blocks per day in the summer months)
- National Parks lake usage and fishing fees
- First aid kit
- Vehicle parking fees
- Crew gratuities
Distances you can travel:
2 night charters - up to Antelope Island
3 night charters - up to Palm bay
4 night charters - up to Sanyati west
5 night charters - up to Elephant point
6 nights or more - up to the Ume
Sengwa Safaris offer competitive rates on all extras (catering, drinks, fishing rod hire and bait) so please let us know if you would like us to include any of these in your quotation. Please click on the links above for more information on catering and extras or visit our FAQ's page.
Please note that whilst every effort has been made to ensure the details supplied above are correct we can not be held responsible in any way should an item mentioned above not be on board /broken or miss quoted.
Specs and Technical Data
Registration Number: KF 093
Hull Type: : Pontoon
Length: 105ft (32.00m)
Engine: Twin cummins turbo diesel
Mooring: Marineland Harbour
Extra FacilitiesSwimming cage
- Game viewing
- Bird watching
- Photography and videography
- Reading and board games