Sundowner is a well maintained, spacious child proof pontoon boat which has 4 air conditioned cabins. 2 Cabins are twin with sharing en-suite bathroom but do have private entrances. There is 1 twin cabin en-suite and one double cabin not en-suite. The top deck has 8 fitted beds. There are cupboards for the upper deck beds too.
Boat charters are inclusive of fuel. She can accomodate 8 people for comfort but can go up to 20 max.
The top deck is covered for dining and the bar. She has a splash pool and a swimming cage.
There is a CD system and dart board (bring your own darts).
Fully equipped modern galley with refrigeration.
There are 2 tender boats, 1 is a 10 seater pontoon with a 15hp motor. The other is a Cascack speed boat with a 30hp motor.
- MAX PAX 16 but can accomodate 20. (8 in cabins, 8 upstairs. There are extra mattresses available)
- CREW 4 crew comprising Captain, chef and 2 deckhands
- CRUISING SPEED 7 knots
- FUEL Dry boat
- CABINS 4 cabins (1 double (not ensuite) 1 twin cabin ensuite and 2 twin cabins sharing ensuite with own private entrance. 8 Fitted single beds upstairs.
- STAIRS to top deck have a hand rail and are very secure
- AIR CONDITIONED Cabins Only but there are battery operated fans Please Note: During the hot months the Generator will run from 10pm to 6am and 2 hrs during lunch time.
- TOILETS 3
- SHOWERS 3
- POWER SUPPLY 220 V from a silent generator to run all electrical appliances
- PLUG POINTS Clients are advised to bring own adaptors for both round and square.
- KITCHEN Modern kitchen and has a mini ice maker (ice cubes for drinks), ample refrigeration
- SPLASH POOL and SWIMMING CAGE at rear of boat
- ENTERTAINMENT CD Player and MP3 Player
- BRAAI wood braai on board
- CHILD FRIENDLY Yes
- TENDERS 2 x Pontoon Tender Boats Please Note: Tender Boats are for Game Drives and fishing in the vicinity of the houseboat and are strictly crew driven. Should you require a speed boat for long distance fishing, please either bring your own which will be towed behind the houseboat leaving behind one of the houseboat tenders, (please bring your own rope for towing and fuel) or you can hire a speed boat from Marineland. (Contact us for details).
- MOORING Currently moored at CMED harbour.
- VEHICLE PARKING There is guarded parking at $5 per night per vehicle
- BOARDING 12:00pm and disembarking at 9.30am
Houseboat and tender boat hire
- All linen, bath towels and mosquito nets
- Cutlery and crockery
- All Cleaning materials
- Hand soap
- All fuel and outboard oil on the main vessel, tender boats and generator
- All meals, drinks, condiments etc
- Personal Toiletries
- Fishing equipment and bait
- Swimming towels
- Mosquito repellant (Please use lotion and not spray)
- National Parks lake usage and fishing fees
- First aid kit
- Vehicle parking fees
2 night charters - up to Antelope Island
3 night charters - up to Palm bay
4 night charters - up to Sanyati west
5 night charters - up to Elephant point
6 nights or more - up to the Ume
Sengwa Safaris offer competitive rates on all extras (catering, drinks, fishing rod hire and bait) so please let us know if you would like us to include any of these in your quotation. Please click on the links above for more information on catering and extras or visit our FAQ's page.
Please note that whilst every effort has been made to ensure the details supplied above are correct we can not be held responsible in any way should an item mentioned above not be on board /broken or miss quoted.
Specs and Technical Data
Registration Number: KF1351
Hull Type: : Pontoon
Length: 22ft (6.71m)
Engine: Twin Deutz Diesel Engine
Mooring: CMED, Andora Harbour
Extra FacilitiesNew CD player compatible with smartphones, has a USB port and 1RCA Pre-Out and Aux In. Dart Board (bring your own darts and chalk) Mini ice maker Wood Braai Facility
- Game viewing
- Bird watching
- Photography and videography
- Reading and board games
May 2018 be a very Blessed and Prosperous year for you.
We are all safe back and had a great time on Sundowner, Thank You.
The crew were outstanding, friendly and helpful. They work well together as a team.
The captain Lovemore for sure knows what to do in a situation of a storm, running the engines for some time until the wind settled down.
Thank You Maureen
Thank you for the email. We had a lovely trip. The team was of great help l really appreciate their service. Thank you for all the help will definitely give references, l actually gave someone your number this morning.
A huge thank you for your wonderful correspondence during the last few months. The boat itself was fabulous.
The food was exceptional and we all overate!!!
The staff were very helpful and friendly, thank you most sincerely !!
Hi Mo thank you the houseboat was awesome!
Thank you so much for arranging our stay on the Sundowner. We really had lots of fun. The crew were so friendly and helpful. The chef did a great job with the meals we requested. The deckhand was always busy clearing up after us. And Captain Lovemore was amazing. A great man always keen to please.
Definitely we will be staying longer next time. It's the best holiday we have ever had. The kids had a great time.
As we arrived a bit late we found the food we ordered from Crispy n Fresh already delivered what a service.
We can't wait for next year.
Hi Maureen, many thanks for your email. We had a fantastic time and wish we could have stayed on a day or two longer. The crew were fantastic.
Best wishes and thanks for arranging, Jeremy
I am indeed back in London and was welcomed by grey skies - typical summer in the UK it seems.
Thanks for the mail and to check up on the boat and crew. I should have mailed earlier!
As far as the boat went, it was a lovely size boat and laid out really well, everything we needed including the swimming cage which we did use although the water was surprisingly cold!
The crew were brilliant - Lovemore was always a pleasure to talk to and was forever answering questions but was always happy to do so. Raphael was also a good laugh to have on the tender boat and was very helpful when it came to sorting out rods / fish / worms for some of the more squeamish people when we were out on the tender boat - again, never any indication that he was bored of his job. Great guy.
George was not seen much but as the cook he was always working away in the kitchen. When I arrived on the boat I gave him very rough instructions as to what dinners / lunches etc were and that was all he needed. The food that he prepared was excellent, he never made anything in a standard way and there was always something extra that he would add to make it all the more delicious. And nothing went to waste as leftovers would be reheated / reused for breakfast or lunch the next day. I think that I speak for everyone on the boat when I say that he is a great cook and when I did speak to him, he was always cheerful.
Joe was a bit quiet on the boat but I expect that is because he was deckhand and does all of the "basic" stuff but I did have a few chats with him and he seems to be really hardworking and we never found anything dirty on the boat.
So to sum it up - the crew are a credit to the owners of the boat and definitely made the trip a pleasure!!
Thanks very much for organising and if you could pass my comments on to the owners that would be appreciated as I dont think that the questionnaire that I filled in on the boat was complimentary enough.
I hope that I will be in touch soon to arrange another trip! Take care and speak soon.
We arrived back in Australia on Sunday. We had a fantastic holiday and have many wonderful photos and lovely memories were made.
Thank you so much for all your help, it all went very smoothly and definitely met all our expectations and more. The crew were fantastic! They were professional, friendly and helpful. The food was also fantastic. We will definitely be recommending you and Sundowner to all our friends.
Thanks once again for you efficient, professional and helpful planning of our holiday. Africa has and always will hold a very special place in our hearts.
2013 - Aug
Sorry couldn't send you an email earlier just wanted to thank you so much for arranging the houseboat for us it was great the crew were magnificent so warm and professional.
I could not find anywhere to rate it but it was a great experience and would definitely highly recommend it.
Thanks once again will definitely be booking more trips.
Thanks for an amazing time on the boat! Was a brilliant experience.