Taipan is a 60 ft. double decked pontoon houseboat with 3 twin cabins that all open out onto the Lake. This makes for a pleasant atmosphere especially with a lake breeze blowing.
- MAX PAX 10
- CREW 2 crew (Captain, chef/deck hand)
- CRUISING SPEED: 6 - 7 knots
- CABINS 3 twin cabins with drop down sides onto the lake
- AIR CONDITIONED: No
- TOILETS 2
- SHOWER 1 (there is also a cold water shower at the front of boat)
- MOSQUITO NETS in all cabins
- LIMITED MATTRESSES for those wishing to sleep on deck
- ENTERTAINMENT Darts board and board games.
- KITCHEN Fitted kitchen and dining area
- BRAAI gas braai
- COLD SPACE 3 deep freezers -1 large chest freezer for meats & ice etc, 1 small fridge/chiller for perishables + 1 Fridge for drinks on top deck.
- POWER SUPPLY There is a Generator on board to run all appliances during the day and an Invertor system to run fans and plug points at night.
- CHILD FRIENDLY Yes
- POOL Inflatable Splash Pool available
- TENDER 1x 8 to 10 seater tender boat for fishing and game viewing Please Note: Tender Boats are for Game Drives and fishing in the vicinity of the houseboat and are strictly crew driven. Should you require a speed boat for long distance fishing, please either bring your own which will be towed behind the houseboat leaving behind one of the houseboat tenders, (please bring your own rope for towing and fuel) or you can hire a speed boat from Marineland. (Contact us for details).
- MOORED at Marineland harbour
- VEHICLE PARKING: Guarded parking provided at $5 per vehicle and $3 per trailer per night
- BOARDING 12:00pm and disembarking at 10:00am
- Houseboat and tender boat hire
- 15% VAT and 2% Tourism Levy
- Fuel for main vessel, tender boats, two stroke oil and generator
- Taipan will consume approximately 6 - 8 Litres of fuel per hour. The Generator will use approximately 12 - 15 litres of petrol per day.
- Please note: the above fuel usage is an estimation for your reference and actual amount consumed will vary with routing.
- All meals and drinks
- Cleaning Materials including Dishwashing Soap, Toilet Paper and Bathroom Soap and personal toiletries.
- National Parks lake usage and fishing fees
- Fishing requirements i.e rods, bait and tackle packs
- Cleaning materials and toilet paper
- Swimming and bath towels
- First aid kit
Recommended Charter Routes:
2 night charters - up to Antelope Island
3 night charters - up to Palm bay
4 night charters - up to Sanyati west
5 night charters - up to Elephant point
6 nights or more - up to the Ume
Fully inclusive option:
For clients wanting a fully inclusive package, Sengwa Safaris offer competitive rates on all extras (catering, drinks, fishing rod hire and bait) so please let us know if you would like us to include any of these in your quotation. Please click on the links above for more information on catering and extras or visit our FAQ's page
Please note that whilst every effort has been made to ensure the details supplied above are correct we can not be held responsible in any way should an item mentioned above not be on board /broken or miss quoted.
Specs and Technical Data
Registration Number: KF1221
Hull Type: : Pontoon
Length: 60ft (18.29m)
Engine: Single Daf diesel
Mooring: Marineland harbour
- Game viewing
- Bird watching
- Photography and videography
- Reading and board games