Tantalika is a 45ft. child friendly pontoon houseboat, with a capacity of 12 passengers. It is owner run in Kariba and therefore is a very well maintained and operated vessel as well as being chartered fuel inclusive making it excellent value for money.
- MAX PAX 8 for comfort, 12 Max (8 in cabins and 4 upstairs)
- CREW 3 crew (Captain, chef and deck hand)
- CRUISING SPEED 7 knots
- FUEL Dry Boat
- CABINS 4 (2 double cabins and 2 twin cabins all with mosquito nets), they all have Sliding doors opening onto the lake
- STAIRS to the top deck have hand rails and are very secure
- AIR CONDITIONED Cabins Only but there are battery operated fans. Please Note: During the hot months the Generator will from from 10pm to 6am and 2 hrs during lunch time.
- SHOWERS 2
- TOILETS 2
- EXTRA BEDDING and mosquito nets for those sleeping on deck
- FITTED KITCHEN with ample refrigeration
- BRAAI Wood braai on boat
- POWER SUPPLY: 220V supply when generator is running.
- PLUG POINTS Clients are advised to bring adaptors for both square and round
- TOP DECK Spacious top deck, dining and bar area
- ENTERTAINMENT CD player on board and is compatible with smartphones/USB Port/1 RCA Preout/Aux In (Clients to bring their own docking stations if required.)
- SPLASH POOL and SWIMMING CAGE AT THE REAR OF BOAT
- CHILD FRIENDLY Yes
- TENDERS 2 x mini pontoon with 15hp motor tender boats for fishing and game viewing (1x 8 seater and 1 x 5 seater) Please Note: Tender Boats are for Game Drives and fishing in the vicinity of the houseboat and are strictly crew driven. Should you require a speed boat for long distance fishing, please either bring your own which will be towed behind the houseboat leaving behind one of the houseboat tenders, (please bring your own rope for towing and fuel) or you can hire a speed boat from Marineland. (Contact us for details).
- MOORED at CMED harbour
- VEHICLE PARKING There is guarded parking at $5 per night per vehicle
- BOARDING at 12:00pm and disembarking at 9.30am
- Houseboat and tender boat hire
- All linen, bath towels and mosquito nets
- Cutlery and crockery
- Hand soap
- Fuel for main vessel and tender boats
- All meals, drinks, condiments etc
- Toilet Paper, Bathroom Soap, Cleaning Materials and Dishwashing Soap.
- Fishing equipment and bait
- Mosquito Repellant (Please supply lotion and not spray)
- Swimming towels
- National Parks lake usage and fishing fees
- First aid kit
- Vehicle parking fees
Recommended Charter Routes:
2 night charters - up to Antelope Island
3 night charters - up to Palm bay
4 night charters - up to Sanyati west
5 night charters - up to Elephant point
6 nights or more - up to the Ume
Fully inclusive option:
For clients wanting a fully inclusive package, Sengwa Safaris offer competitive rates on all extras (catering, drinks, fishing rod hire and bait) so please let us know if you would like us to include any of these in your quotation. Please click on the links above for more information on catering and extras or visit our FAQ's page.
Please note that whilst every effort has been made to ensure the details supplied above are correct we can not be held responsible in any way should an item mentioned above not be on board /broken or miss quoted.
Specs and Technical Data
Registration Number: KF tba
Hull Type: : Pontoon
Length: 45ft (13.72m)
Engine: Twin Marine Diesel Perkins Engines
Mooring: CMED Harbour
Extra FacilitiesThere are new CD players which are compatible with smartphones and have USB port and have 1 RCA Pre-Out and Aux In.
- Game viewing
- Bird watching
- Photography and videography
- Reading and board games
Good morning Mo,
I just wanted to write to you to thank you for all that you did to prepare our trip. Especially during a tough time.
We had an absolute ball. I have traveled many places around the world.. I've even been on luxurious style houseboats in Australia aswell and this was by far my most favourite holiday to date.
The staff on the boat were professional and friendly and did their upmost to make our trip comfortable and fun. The "captain", Baba P, and Tafadzwa were truly exceptional and our holiday wouldn't have been the same without them.
The only bad thing to report about the trip was... that it ended!
Such a relaxing, memorable trip. Hoping to make it an annual family thing from now on.
Sorry for the late response things have been pretty hectic here.
It was a wonderful trip enjoyed by all. A really memorable one for our visitors.
Lots of game only a slight disappointment at seeing the low level of the lake and not much fish caught.
The crew as usual were excellent and no complaints there at all.
We will always use your services as the group are familiar with the crew and it makes a big difference.
Thanks again and all the best for the Xmas and the New Year.
We had a great time thanks. The staff and food were excellent and we will definitely be back!
Yes we had a really wonderful holiday lots of memories, fun and laughter.
It was so nice to get away from all the hustle and bustle of the city.
The crew were excellent and took good care of us all including the children.
The food was also excellent and I think we all came back with a couple of ins.
We all had such a good time and if it were possible would have extended for another day or two.
Thanks for everything and will certainly use you when next we require a house boat,