Tehilla is a Pontoon boat designed for open spacious coolness and can be opened out extending the lower deck by 1.8 meters but still have fold up railings making the boat safe.
- MAX PAX 12
- CREW 3 crew (Captain, chef and deck hand)
- CRUISING SPEED 6 knots
- CABINS 4 (4 double cabins) All beds are provided with mosquito nets.
- AIR CONDITIONING: No
- SHOWERS 2
- TOILETS 2
- KITCHEN fully equipped kitchen
- TOP DECK has a 8 seating table with sun lounges and loose mattresses. It is partially covered and a great place to sleep at night.
- BRAAI Braai facilities on board.
- POWER SUPPLY 12V lighting system and a 2.7 kva generator to help with charging
- PLUG POINTS Square plugs only, so clients need to bring their own adaptors if needed
- SWIMMING CAGE Yes
- CHILD FRIENDLY Yes
- TENDERS 1 x mini pontoon tender boat, 8 pax and a small fibreglass boat for 3 pax Please Note: Tender Boats are for Game Drives and fishing in the vicinity of the houseboat and are strictly crew driven. Should you require a speed boat for long distance fishing, please either bring your own which will be towed behind the houseboat leaving behind one of the houseboat tenders, (please bring your own rope for towing and fuel) or you can hire a speed boat from Marineland. (Contact us for details).
- MOORED at Andora, Carabeck harbour. Parking for vehicles is free of charge. Harbour Master is on premises at night.
- BOARDING at 12:00pm and disembarking at 10:00am
- Houseboat and tender boat hire
- All linen, bath towels, toilet paper, soaps and mosquito nets
- Cutlery and crockery & dishwashing liquid
- All meals, drinks, condiments etc
- Fishing equipment and bait
- Mosquito Repellant (Please supply lotion and not spray)
- Swimming towels
- National Parks lake usage and fishing fees
- First aid kit
- Vehicle parking fees
2 night charters - up to Antelope Island
3 night charters - up to Palm bay
4 night charters - up to Sanyati west
5 night charters - up to Elephant point
6 nights or more - up to the Ume
Sengwa Safaris offer competitive rates on all extras (catering, drinks, fishing rod hire and bait) so please let us know if you would like us to include any of these in your quotation. Please click on the links above for more information on catering and extras or visit our FAQ's page.
Please note that whilst every effort has been made to ensure the details supplied above are correct we can not be held responsible in any way should an item mentioned above not be on board /broken or miss quoted.
Specs and Technical Data
Registration Number: tbc
Hull Type: : Pontoon
Length: 15ft (4.57m)
Engine: Cummins 6 cylinder turbo diesel
Mooring: Carobeck Harbour - Andora
Extra FacilitiesFuel used on your charter is charged at 10lt per hour. The captain can show the client the engine hours before and after a trip to confirm usage. A rough estimate for an itinerary is - Gordons Bay, Sinyati West Bay and Antelope Island is around 130lt.
- Game viewing
- Bird watching
- Photography and videography
- Reading and board games
Dear Maureen ,
Sorry for the delay in responding but we went to Mana for a week after Kariba. The house boat was amazing and the staff were very accommodating,nothing was too much. I will definitely be making another booking on Tehilla , I am glad you recommend it.
Thanks a lot , we appreciated it
Thanks & Regards
Thanks for the reply Mo. We would really recommend you and Tehilla to anyone wanting
A houseboat trip - awesome all round thanks!!
Thank you for your email .
We had a wonderful time , as always, the booking process was efficient , the boat clean and crew very helpful and friendly .
Thanks again for all your help. We all enjoyed our stay on the Tehilla. We will definitely be making our bookings with you whenever we decide to visit Kariba again.
Thanks for taking the time to check all was okay.
We were well looked after and had no problems with the boat or staff.
My Dad so enjoyed the novelty of being on a houseboat and seeing Kariba as a tourist – he was last there in 1965 when he was the doctor at Kariba Hospital.
We had a wonderful time thank you so much, loved sleeping in the cabins so completely open and waking up to that fabulous view – the staff were very friendly, attentive and helpful but at the same time elusive giving us our privacy.
The trip was just magical so thank you for everything, nothing negative at all to report and will definitely be recommending the boat on a winter trip it is just perfect.