Houseboat Unique was refurbished in December 2009 and is a beautifully designed, fully air conditioned and spacious houseboat that can accommodate up to 12 passengers.
- MAX PAX 12
- CREW 3 crew (Captain, chef and 1 deckhand)
- CRUISING SPEED: 6 knots
- CABINS 4 well ventilated and spacious double/twin cabins, all en suite (shower, toilet, basin) All cabins have drop down blinds, French doors and mosquito gauze. New Curtains in all the cabins.
- AIR CONDITIONING All cabins fully air conditioned during the day with 12 volt fans for night time use. Please Note: Generator will be switched off at 10pm which is Government Stipulated Lake Rules. Therefore the Air Cons will not run after this time.
- EXTRA BEDDING for those sleeping on deck
- TOILETS 5 (Separate toilet and shower on the Bermuda deck)
- SHOWERS 5
- FITTED KITCHEN with 4 plate gas hob/oven
- COLD SPACE 2 x minus 40 deepfreeze, 1 x Fridge Freezer
- TOP DECK centered on a large covered bar/ lounge area with splash pool and sun deck at the stern, comfortable seating and 2 sun loungers.
- BAR Fitted Teak bar with 6 stools and a second minus 40 deep freeze
- ENTERTAINMENT Music System, DVD Player, TV & DSTV (Family Bouquet)
- POWER supplied 220V and 12V, 9kva Silent Generator
- PLUG POINTS Square and round Plugs on Board, clients to supply adaptors
- BRAAI No wood braais permitted, charcoal only which clients must supply including lighters and firelighters.
- SWIMMING POOL Yes
- CHILD FRIENDLY Yes
- TENDER BOATS 1x mini pontoon tender boat with 20hp Honda 4 stroke engine and 1 x small aluminium pontoon tender with 15hp 2 stroke Mercury Please Note: Tender Boats are for Game Drives and fishing in the vicinity of the houseboat and are strictly crew driven. Should you require a speed boat for long distance fishing, please either bring your own which will be towed behind the houseboat leaving behind one of the houseboat tenders, (please bring your own rope for towing and fuel) or you can hire a speed boat from Marineland. (Contact us for details).
- MOORING VEHICLE PARKING: Free parking for cars in a secure area. The Harbour Master is on the premises during the night.at Hudsons,(Andora) harbour
- BOARDING at 12:00pm and disembarking at 10:00am
- Houseboat and tender boat hire
- All linen and mosquito nets, cooking gas
- Bath and Swimming Towels
- Gas, cleaning materials, toilet paper, guest soap, shampoo & body lotion
- All fuel and outboard oil (the main vessel, tender boats and generators will be full before departure- on return to harbour at the end of the trip you will be required to re-fuel these and settle in USD cash at that time)
- Fuel consumption is approximately 90 litres per night for the main vessel and 20 litres per tender per night
- All meals, drinks, condiments,serviettes and personal toiletries and requirements / lighters, matches, torches and batteries, sun cream, insect spray and mosquito repellent.
- Fishing equipment and bait. These are available upon request at client's cost.
- Ice (recommended 4 blocks per day during winter and 5 blocks per day in the summer months)
- National Parks lake usage and fishing fees
- First aid kit
- Vehicle parking fees
- Crew gratuities
Recommended Charter Routes:
2 night charters - up to Antelope Island
3 night charters - up to Palm bay
4 night charters - up to Sanyati west
5 night charters - up to Elephant point
6 nights or more - up to the Ume
Fully inclusive option:
For clients wanting a fully inclusive package, Sengwa Safaris offer competitive rates on all extras (catering, drinks, fishing rod hire and bait) so please let us know if you would like us to include any of these in your quotation. Please click on the links above for more information on catering and extras or visit our FAQ's page
Please note that whilst every effort has been made to ensure the details supplied above are correct we can not be held responsible in any way should an item mentioned above not be on board /broken or miss quoted.
Specs and Technical Data
Registration Number: KF 1055
Hull Type: : Pontoon
Length: 22ft (6.71m)
Engine: 2 x Honda 135Hp Petrol Motors
Mooring: Andora harbour
- Game viewing
- Bird watching
- Photography and videography
- Reading and board games
Hi Mo. Just to let you know that we had a fantastic time on the Unique. The boat is beautifully appointed and the staff were extremely helpful. It was an added bonus to have the owners meet us on departure and arrival to make sure everything was OK.
Thanks for all your help.