Viking is a very comfortable, fully air-conditioned up-market cruiser accommodating up to 8 guests in two en suite cabins, one with a double bed and the second with two single beds. The State room can be converted into a third cabin, and can accommodate 3 guests.
There is a well-equipped galley and a braai area on the mid ship, while on the top deck there is an oval table/dining area with built in seats. Half of the top deck is covered whilst the rest open for sunbathing. There is a TV, VCR and CD player on board and clients are requested to bring their own CDs. The Viking tows one 5 seater Piranha tender boat with a 90hp outboard.
- MAX PAX 8
- CREW 3 Crew (Captain, chef/deck hand)
- CRUISING SPEED 8 knots
- CABINS 2 (1 double cabin en suite & 1 twin single cabin en suite) & State room converts to third cabin
- EXTRA BEDDING for those sleeping on the sheltered upper deck
- MOSQUITO NETS for all guests
- AIR CONDITIONING Lounge and 2 cabins Please Note: Generator will be switched off at 10pm which is Government Stipulated Lake Rules. Therefore the Air Cons will not run after this time.
- SHOWERS 2
- TOILETS 2
- TOP DECK Partially covered top deck with comfortable seating
- FITTED KITCHEN
- COLD SPACE Ample
- POWER SUPPLY 220V from a 9Kva generator to run all appliances
- PLUG POINTS Square plug points only so clients need to bring their own adaptors
- CHILD FRIENDLY Children 6 years and older recommended
- BRAAI Charcoal braai on board
- SWIMMING POOL No
- TENDER BOATS 1 speed boat type tender (90hp outboard) for fishing and game viewing Please Note: Tender Boats are for Game Drives and fishing in the vicinity of the houseboat and are strictly crew driven. Should you require a speed boat for long distance fishing, please either bring your own which will be towed behind the houseboat leaving behind one of the houseboat tenders, (please bring your own rope for towing and fuel) or you can hire a speed boat from Marineland. (Contact us for details).
- MOORED at Marineland Harbour
- VEHICLE PARKING: Guarded parking provided at $5 per vehicle and $3 per trailer per night
- BOARDING 12:00pm and disembarking at 10:00am
- Houseboat and tender boat hire
- 15% VAT and 2% Tourism Levy
- Fuel for main vessel, tender boats, two stroke oil
- All meals and drinks
- National Parks lake usage and fishing fees
- Fishing requirements i.e rods, bait and tackle packs
- Cleaning materials, dishwashing soap and toilet paper
- Bathroom Soap and personal toiletries
- Swimming and bath towels
- First aid kit
Recommended Charter Routes
2 night charters - up to Antelope Island
3 night charters - up to Palm bay
4 night charters - up to Sanyati west
5 night charters - up to Elephant point
6 nights or more - up to the Ume
Fully inclusive option:
For clients wanting a fully inclusive package, Sengwa Safaris offer competitive rates on all extras (catering, drinks, fishing rod hire and bait) so please let us know if you would like us to include any of these in your quotation.Please click on the links above for more information on catering and extras or visit our FAQ's page.
Please note that whilst every effort has been made to ensure the details supplied above are correct we can not be held responsible in any way should an item mentioned above not be on board /broken or miss quoted.
Specs and Technical Data
Registration Number: KF 867
Hull Type: : Cruiser
Length: 55ft (16.76m)
Engine: 2 x 125hp Yanmar Engines
Mooring: Marineland harbour
Extra FacilitiesTV, VCR, CD
- Game viewing
- Bird watching
- Photography and videography
- Reading and board games
We had an excellent time!! Thank you very much, everything was perfect!!
See you next year!!
Many thanks for your email. We had a really fantastic time thank you. The boat was great and the crew even better. No complaints whatsoever. We really enjoyed the boat and crew. The fishing was just awesome! We baited a couple of spots and we hauled out some 120 kgs of nice size bream. We took a cooler bag of fillets back to Harare and the crew had the rest so they ate well for a few weeks I am sure.
We went to the Ume and it was well worth the long trip as this was the first time the family had been that far up the lake.
All in all we thoroughly enjoyed everything. The food was really good by the way apart from being a bit too much sometimes! We ended up cancelling a few of the extended meals as it was just too hot to eat so much.
Hopefully we can do the same trip next year.
Keep well in the meantime and all the very best.
Guy and Family
We really enjoyed the trip and have only good things to say about our stay on the boat! Thank you very much!