What a Pleasure Houseboat
What a Pleasure Houseboat
A comfortable, spacious and child friendly houseboat with plenty of upper deck space both in sun and shade and accommodates up to 8 passengers.
- MAX PAX 12 (10 for comfort)
- CREW 3 crew (Captain, chef and deckhand)
- CABINS 3 double cabins + 2 double fold out beds on lower deck and with extra bedding for those wishing to sleep on top deck
- SHOWERS 2
- TOILETS 2
- SPLASH POOL on Top deck and a large semi covered sun deck
- LOUNGE and dining area
- FITTED KITCHEN Refurbished Kitchen
- COLD SPACE 2 deep freezers and several loose cold boxes
- POWER SUPPLY 220V and 12V from a 6kva generator
- PLUG POINTS There are square plugs on board and adaptors must be supplied by clients
- BRAAI Charcoal / Wood Braai facilities
- CHILD FRIENDLY Yes
- TENDER BOATS There are two tender boats (1 x sportster and 1 x Chessa) Please Note: Tender Boats are for Game Drives and fishing in the vicinity of the houseboat and are strictly crew driven. Should you require a speed boat for long distance fishing, please either bring your own which will be towed behind the houseboat leaving behind one of the houseboat tenders, (please bring your own rope for towing and fuel) or you can hire a speed boat from Marineland. (Contact us for details).
- MOORED at Marine Land
- VEHICLE PARKING: Guarded parking provided at $5 per vehicle and $3 per trailer per night
- BOARDING at 12:00pm and disembarking at 10:00am
2013 Dry boat charter rates: $POA/night for up to 12 passengers. Inclusive of all taxes.
- Houseboat and tender boat hire
- All linen and mosquito nets
- All taxes and levies
- All fuel and outboard oil (the main vessel, tender boats and generators will be full before departure- on return to harbour at the end of the trip you will be required to re-fuel these and settle in USD cash at that time)
- Fuel consumption is approximately 70 litres per night for the main vessel and 20 litres per tender per night
- All meals, drinks, condiments, toilet paper, serviettes, washing liquid, soap and personal toiletries etc.
- Fishing equipment and bait
- Ice (recommended 4 blocks per day during winter and 5 blocks per day in the summer months)
- Swimming towels
- Cleaning and washing materials
- Toiletries including toilet paper
- National Parks lake usage and fishing fees
- First aid kit
- Vehicle parking fees
- Crew gratuities
Recommended Charter Routes:
2 night charters - up to Antelope Island
3 night charters - up to Palm bay
4 night charters - up to Sanyati west
5 night charters - up to Elephant point
6 nights or more - up to the Ume
Fully inclusive option:
For clients wanting a fully inclusive package, Sengwa Safaris offer competitive rates on all extras (catering, drinks, fishing rod hire and bait) so please let us know if you would like us to include any of these in your quotation. Please click on the links above for more information on catering and extras or visit our FAQ's page.
Please note that whilst every effort has been made to ensure the details supplied above are correct we can not be held responsible in any way should an item mentioned above not be on board /broken or miss quoted.
Specs and Technical Data
Registration Number: KF680
Hull Type: : Pontoon
Length: 65ft (19.81m)
Engine: 6 cylinder Perkins Marine Engine
Extra FacilitiesLinen, mosquito nets and cuttlery are provided (please bring your own swimming towels for hygiene purposes). 6 KVA generator and a CD player music system.
- Game viewing
- Bird watching
- Photography and videography
- Reading and board games
I have been meaning to write and say what a great time and experience we had on 'What a Pleasure' and, how great the staff were, really, my friends from Auz were so impressed. There was not a thing we had to think of. They had such good attitudes and went beyond what was required of them. Will certainly recommend it, great value for money.
I believe my friends are already talking about the next trip!
Thanks for all your help on it too.
All the best,
Thanks Mo. Fantastic time had by all. Crew were great and the boat offered so much space. Magic! Thanks again.
We thoroughly enjoyed our time on What a Pleasure. The crew was phenomenal and the boat very spacious. Despite the rain and our late departure (due to weather and traffic getting to Kariba), the houseboat was the highlight of our trip to Zimbabwe. Thank you for the wonderful experience! We hope to come again, and return to the same houseboat and same crew!