Zambuka is a spacious child friendly houseboat, with all cabins having mosquito screens and sliding doors that open out onto the lake making them light and airy. The top deck comprises a comfortable dining and bar area with a partly covered splash pool.
- MAX PAX 12 comfortably, 16 max (8 in cabins and 8 upstairs)
- CREW 3 crew (Captain, chef and deck hand)
- CRUISING SPEED 7 knots
- FUEL Dry Boat
- CABINS 4 (2 double cabins with mosquito nets & 2 Twin cabins with mosquito nets) All cabins have sliding doors opening onto the Lake
- STAIRS to the top deck have hand rails and are very secure
- EXTRA BEDDING available for those wishing to sleep on deck (cabin facilities for 8 guests)
- TOILETS 2
- SHOWERS 3
- HOT WATER supplied by Solar power (quantity is limited)
- AIR CONDITIONING: In the cabins only and as there is a silent generator they run throughout the night and will not disturb other boats.
- FITTED KITCHEN
- COLD SPACE 2 x freezers and cold boxes and cooler boxes
- UPPER DECK Spacious upper deck
- BAR area under shade
- SPLASH POOL and SWIMMING CAGE AT THE REAR OF BOAT
- ENTERTAINMENT CD player on board and is compatible with smartphones/USB Port/1 RCA Preout/Aux In (Clients to bring their own docking stations if required.)
- POWER SUPPLY 220V power supply off Silent Generator to run all electrical appliances. Generator can be run through out the night and for several hours during the day.
- PLUG POINTS Clients to provide adaptors for both round and square
- TENDER BOATS 2 x 8 seater mini pontoon with 15hp motor tender boats for fishing and game viewing Please Note: Tender Boats are for Game Drives and fishing in the vicinity of the houseboat and are strictly crew driven. Should you require a speed boat for long distance fishing, please either bring your own which will be towed behind the houseboat leaving behind one of the houseboat tenders, (please bring your own rope for towing and fuel) or you can hire a speed boat from Marineland. (Contact us for details).
- BRAAI Wood Braai on board
- CHILD FRIENDLY Yes
- MOORED at CMED
- VEHICLE PARKING There is guarded parking at $5 per night per vehicle
- BOARDING 12:00pm and disembarking at 9.30am
- Houseboat and tender boat hire
- All linen, bath towels and mosquito nets
- Cutlery and crockery
- Hand soap
- All fuel and outboard oil on the main vessel, tender boats and generator - routes depend on length of charter
- All meals, drinks, condiments etc
- Cleaning Materials, Dishwashing Soap, Toilet Paper, Bathroom Soap Air Freshener and Personal Toiletries
- Fishing equipment and bait
- Swimming towels
- Mosquito Repellant (Please supply lotion and not spray)
- National Parks lake usage and fishing fees
- First aid kit
- Vehicle parking fees
Recommended Charter Routes:
2 night charters - up to Antelope Island
3 night charters - up to Palm bay
4 night charters - up to Sanyati west
5 night charters - up to Elephant point
6 nights or more - up to the Ume
Fully inclusive option:
For clients wanting a fully inclusive package, Sengwa Safaris offer competitive rates on all extras (catering, drinks, fishing rod hire and bait) so please let us know if you would like us to include any of these in your quotation.Please click on the links above for more information on catering and extras or visit our FAQ's page
Please note that whilst every effort has been made to ensure the details supplied above are correct we can not be held responsible in any way should an item mentioned above not be on board /broken or miss quoted.
Specs and Technical Data
Registration Number: KF2030
Hull Type: : Pontoon
Length: 56ft (17.07m)
Engine: Twin Mermaid Diesel Engines
Extra FacilitiesNew CD player compatible with smartphones and have USB port and 1 RCA Pre-Out and Aux in.
- Game viewing
- Bird watching
- Photography and videography
- Reading and board games
Just wanted to say thanks for all your hard work and we had one of the best Christmas ever on Zambuka house boat. The crew were excellent and chef top notch.
I would recommend Zambuka house boat to people wanting to go to Kariba. Thank you again.
We had a wonderful time on the boat. The crew were extremely helpful and we could not ask for more. Everybody enjoyed the trip. Thanks for everything.
I wanted to say a massive thank you for all you did to help arrange a most memorable trip. THANK YOU so much for sorting out a cake for me! So thoughtful of you. I really was so touched. Thank you. The crew and boat were superb as always. I was very sad to hear that there is so little business for them. I really do hope things pick up.
Thank you once again for all your help. It was an absolute pleasure dealing with you.
Sorry for the delay in replying.
Thanks - we did have a great time. The staff was really excellent - friendly and professional.
Was a good exercise in spending time together as a family!
Appreciate all your help in putting it together for us, and putting up with my ignorant questions and queries.
we had a wonderful time but are on limited wifi at the moment so will write a proper thank you when back home.
Zambuka was fantastic - it's our new favorite houseboat. Stanley and the crew were fantastic.
What a wonderful experience, we should have stayed another night! Your staff are the best : Stanley, Wilson and Brian! They helped us with everything and the meals they prepared were excellent. Everything was clean and ready when we embarked. The boat is ideal for 4 couples and we really enjoyed it. We travelled throughout Zimbabwe for 2 weeks, you live in a beautiful country!
Our trip was fantastic, thank you! The crew were brilliant, cook awesome – we were absolutely gobsmacked at the meals he prepared with what we took!! I’m pretty sure we will be making it a yearly trip.
Thank you so much again.
Hi Mo, Just to let you know that we had an amazing time on Zambuka. Wonderful boat and the staff were very helpful and well trained. Thank you for all your help on organizing this for us.
Regards, Jan Oosthuizen