T & C
Terms and Conditions
Deckaid is berthed at Marineland Harbour. Boarding times will be from 12.00 pm to 2.00 pm and if boarding any time later than 2.00 pm, it will be the Captain’s decision in the interest of safety of the boat and passengers whether to leave harbour that day or the following morning.
- Unless otherwise confirmed in writing Deck-aid is chartered at “bare boat rate” which is excluding fuel, food, drink, ice and bait.
- Clients to provide own toilet paper, dishwashing liquid, soap & personal toiletries.
- On arrival Deckaid shall have all fuel tanks full. Please check this with the Captain before departure, so as to avoid any misunderstandings. Upon return to harbour, it is the party leader undersigned who will be responsible for the refueling of all tanks and sign acknowledgement with the Captain, including outboard oil.
- Please note National Parks charges a Lake entry and fishing fee which covers the charter period. Clients to pay these fees directly to National Parks officials and ZIMRA officials who will approach clients in the harbour prior to departing on a charter. Please notice all prices are subject to change without notice
- Tipping is at the discretion of the party leader.
- Swimming is entirely at your own risk, and neither the owners nor ourselves, can be held responsible for any possible animal attacks, or the consequences from these attacks.
- Clients are not to interfere in any way with the operation of the boat and tenders by the Captain and or Driver, and to understand that should he advise against any instructions given to him by the client, that the client will abide by the Captain’s advice and that in all respects generally the client shall defer to the Captain as being in charge.
- I hereby waive and abandon any claims against the owners for and on behalf of myself and other passengers in respect of death or bodily injuries sustained by myself or them or any of us. We further agree that the owners will not be liable to compensate myself or any of the passengers for any loss or damage of property sustained whilst traveling upon or embarking from the boat or tenders during the above mentioned periods of use.
- Travel on the boat and tenders is entirely at the clients’ own risk. Only the crew are permitted to drive the tender boats.
- Clients may tow their own boat behind the main boat – entirely at client’s risk. Please note you will be charged a slipway fee at Marineland Harbour if you use their tractor to launch & retrieve your boat. There is a nightly fee for vehicles parked in their parking areas.
The owners reserve the right to refuse to accept or retain any person on a charter at any time should such person’s physical or mental conditions or general health conditions, general attitude and deportment impede the operation of the charter or the welfare and enjoyment of other passengers.
Clients are to replace or pay for any equipment, fittings or breakages lost through negligence.
The boats facilities are to be used for the purpose for which they are intended. Please refrain from abusing furniture, fittings and equipment of the boat. The crew are instructed to make sure this is adhered to.
The owners of Deck-aid cannot be held responsible for any expenses incurred by the client or any of the other passengers, for example, hotel bills or loss of any onward connections for any reason whatsoever.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that highest standards of maintenance of our vessel and tender boats, a breakdown could occur at any time which is beyond our control. Any such problem will be rectified as soon as humanly possible to do so under the prevailing conditions.
All National Parks rules are to be adhered to by the clients at all times.
Minor children are the responsibility of the adults at all times.
The generator will run at the discretion of the Captain.
Clients are not to interfere with the chef whilst cooking meals – apart from initial instructions of what to cook.
Crew working hours whilst out on charter are: Between 5 am and 6 am to 9 pm.
Caution must be taken with regards to crocodiles, hippos and other wild animals.
Clients to be security conscious at all times with regards to their valuables and personal belongings.
There is a basic First Aid box available on the boat. Please can clients ensure they have their own prescribed medication before departure.
NO PETS allowed on the houseboat.