BushCamp Company Zambia General Information
6 intimate, remote camps in the South Luangwa Valley, one of Africa's last hidden jewels, where time has stood still. This is where safari began, in remote rustic bush camps situated in areas of outstanding beauty. The Bushcamp Company comprises 6 camps located in the southern part of the South Luangwa National Park, free from other vehicles and built along the path of the Luangwa River. Guests should combine these camps together to create a superb, varied, time efficient and outstanding value for money tailored walking and 4x4 safari experience.
- Each of the 6 camps are unique in their style and can accommodate no more than 8 guests ensuring an intimate and tailored safari experience.
- Each camp is located in a different setting with abundant and varied game depending on the camp that is chosen.
- Combine 2 or 3 of the camps for between 2 – 3 nights at each to provide an all-encompassing South Luangwa safari experience.
- All the camps are accessed by 4x4. Walking between camps is possible – but not between all of them!
- Guests leave camp in the morning and arrive at the next in time for lunch with their bags already waiting for them in their rooms.
ACCESS TO THE CAMPS There are many ways to get to Lusaka but these are the most used: International flights:
British Airways: London – Lusaka direct
Emirates: London – Dubai – Lusaka
SAA: Johannesburg – Lusaka direct KLM: Amsterdam – Lusaka direct
Kenyan Airways: Amsterdam – Nairobi – Lusaka
Once at Lusaka guests are met by a Bushcamp Company representative and transferred onto the domestic flight to Mfuwe Airport.
Nearest airport: Mfuwe International Airport
If guests have flown overnight we would suggest one night at Mfuwe Lodge, inside The South Luangwa National Park and renowned for the elephants that walk through the reception area, before proceeding into the Bushcamps. This is not essential but advisable for clients who have flown internationally. It is a long journey and the camps are between 1.5hrs – 4 hrs drive from Mfuwe Lodge.